In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Full circle

RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
When I was 14, I hoped that one day I would have a girlfriend with *
When I was 16 I got a girlfriend, but there was no passion, so I decided I needed a passionate girl with a zest for life.
In college I dated a passionate girl, but she was too emotional. Everything was an emergency; she was a drama queen, cried all the time and threatened suicide. So I decided I needed a girl with stability.
When I was 25 I found a very stable girl but she was boring. She was totally predictable and never got excited about anything. Life became so dull that I decided that I needed a girl with some excitement.
When I was 28 I found an exciting girl, but I couldn't keep up with her. She rushed from one thing to another, never settling on anything. She did mad impetuous things and made me miserable as often as happy. She was great fun initially and very energetic, but directionless. So I decided to find a girl with some real ambition.
When I turned 31, I found a smart ambitious girl with her feet planted firmly on the ground and married her. She was so ambitious that she divorced me and took everything I owned.
I am now older and wiser, and am looking for a girl with *.

Comments

• RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    . Subject: Fwd: full circle

LAUGH ENJOY!

Growing up is a weird notion to wrap your mind around. As you go through life, your perspectives on almost everything will change. How you define success will change as well. Things that you thought were important at the age of 35 will be useless when you're 65. You may not realize it now, but everything will shift...

At age 4 success is not peeing in your pants.
    <image002.jpeg>

At age 12 success is having friends.
    <image004.jpeg>

At age 16 success is having a driver's license.
    <image006.jpeg>

At age 20 success is having sex.
    <image008.jpeg>

At age 35 success is having money.
    <image010.jpeg>

At age 60 success is having money
    .<image012.jpeg>

At age 70 success is having sex.
    <image014.jpeg>

At age 80 success is having a driver's license.
    <image016.jpeg>

At age 85 success is having friends.
    <image018.jpeg>

At age 90 success is not peeing in your pants.
    <image020.jpeg>

It all comes full circle, whether you like it or not.

Share this hilarious truth about life with others.
    1960 Hits Renamed

Some of the artists of the 60's are revising their hits with new lyrics to accommodate aging baby boomers who can remember doing the "Limbo" as if it were yesterday.

They include :
    Herman's Hermits ---
    Mrs. Brown, You've Got a Lovely Walker
    Ringo Starr ---
    I Get By With A Little Help From Depends
    The Bee Gees ---
    How Can You Mend A Broken Hip?

Roberta Flack---
    The First Time Ever I Forgot Your Face
    ?
    Johnny Nash ---
    I Can't See Clearly Now

Paul Simon---
    Fifty Ways To Lose Your Liver

The Commodores ---
    Once, Twice, Three Times To The Bathroom
    Procol Harem---
    A Whiter Shade Of Hair
    Leo Sayer ---
    You Make Me Feel Like Napping

The Temptations ---
    Papa's Got A Kidney Stone
    Abba---
    Denture Queen

Tony Orlando ---
    Knock 3 Times On The Ceiling If You Hear Me Fall

Helen Reddy ---
    I Am Woman; Hear Me Snore
    Leslie Gore---
    It's My Procedure, and I'll Cry If I Want To

And Last , but NOT least:
    Willie Nelson ---
    On the Commode Again
    edited November -1
    related some to the deer rifle thread . I started hunting with the old chambering like 30-30, 32 win special and 35 Remington mostly borrowed rifles from family then stepped it up to rifles like 270,280 Rem and 30-06 next phase was the Magnums now I find I'm going back to the older chambers again like the 30-30 and 35 Rem becoming my favorite rifles again
    edited November -1
    As a mans age starts to climb so does his financial situation. I like just about everyone else started out with a single shot .22. In my younger years I went through it all. I loved to hear the rat-a-tat-tat of rapid fire and have owned far too many guns and still do. I even had to have a couple of machine guns. Now that I'm older and can afford any gun I want and my eyes are going to hell guess what my favorite after noon plinking gun is. I have an old 514 remington that I like to sit on the picnic table in the back yard and plink on a lazy afternoon. Just thought I would tell some of you young bucks what you have to look forward to. Rosie
  • RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think there is some truth in what Rosie says......
  • old single shotsold single shots Member Posts: 3,594
    edited November -1
    I guess i am not alone after all.I started out with old single shots and now many years and many thousand of dollars later the guns i enjoy the most are Old Single Shots.
  • BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    Stop it man! You're scaring me!
    edited November -1
    You will be scared many times in your life young man. May just as well get used to it.
  • timberbeasttimberbeast Member Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remington 41 Targetmaster. Yup.
  • OtomanOtoman Member Posts: 554
    edited November -1
    Savage model 15-A that I have had for 49 years most accurate rifle that I have...
  • varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remington 510.The turtle express now,Elephant gun when I was eight.
    A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.
  • whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stevens Favorite, underlever, tip-up single shot. My dad bought it new in 1916. Taught both my grandsons to shoot with it and they will teach theirs, God willing.Clouder..
  • WyomingSwedeWyomingSwede Member Posts: 402 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Winchester Model 06 pump. Earmarked for my youngest. Still shoots as accurate as the day it came off the line. swede
  • wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My first rifle was a worn out Stevens Favorite, I still take it out and shoot it occasionally.Wyoming Swede, I wanted a 1906 or a 1890 Winchester so bad when I was a kid that I could taste it, so when I could finally afford them I have been known to give to much for them. I get a real kick out of shooting a 100 year old well made gun. Rosie, I have a factory scoped model 63 Winchester that takes many years off my old eyes when I'm killin cans.
    "If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?" Will Rogers[This message has been edited by wundudnee (edited 02-09-2002).]
    standard.jpg
  • smokinggunsmokinggun Member Posts: 590 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Started out with a Crossman pump. Now that I have a collection of shotguns, rifles, and pistols I shoot my RWS air rifle the most.
  • Captain 241Captain 241 Member Posts: 377 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remington Fieldmaster 121 is the one I was brought up on.
    If you need a Second Shot, YOU NEED MORE PRACTICE
    edited November -1
    I can't make my self drill and tap the old 514 for a scope but just bought a 511 on the auction site here and depending on how it looks and shoots may scope it. Besides, my son told me if I don't leave the 514 alone and give it to him when I die he will kill me! Rosie
  • hunter280manhunter280man Member Posts: 705
    edited November -1
    Ruger 10/22 of my fathers, it still shoots great. And a H&R nine shot revolver, we used to get a couple of families together on a sunday and shoot till the sun went down.
    The older I get, The better I was!!!
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,447 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My first was a J.C. Higgins mod 30. Still have it. Learned to shoot handguns with a Walther PP my father picked up at the factory near the end of the war. I still have that too.
  • CAndres35CAndres35 Member Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i learned on a single shot,bolt action that i am now using to teach my grandaughter to shoot with my mother used to relax on the back porch and shoot rats off the popcorn with this rifle. i cant even find a name or serial number on it,but it still shoots very well. carl
  • RUGERNUT3RUGERNUT3 Member Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rosie, have a 514 I bought out of a pawn shop fot 10 bucks....32 years ago,...bore was great, re-did EVERYTHING..and tapped it for a scope. Topped it with a BUSHNELL/BANNER 4 x 12...that puppy at 75yds will put holes in the paper you can cover with a .35 cent pc.(.35 cent pc.= just a little bigger than a quarter but smaller than a half! had to think of someway to describe it ya'll!)with an occaisional flier...still one of my all time favoites...accounts for several tasty bullfrogs and turtles evrey year. I described this rifle,or how I'd fixed it up, a time or two. Wish Bushnell was still the same qaulity...with the price! Have a, have to look it up, I think a mdl. 150-151, 140-141 Mossberg...anyway last made in mid 50's...great bore, t-bolt handle,walnut w/cheek pc.,schoble forend, tube fed and the sucker holds like close to 30 LR's...in pc.s now as I start the re-do job on it..have high hopes for it...but I WONT change/drill & tap this one...I know it will look GREAT when re-done...and have high hopes that it shoots great too...
    "ANY" EXCUSE IS A GOOD REASON TO BUY "JUST 1 MORE".& VICIE-VERSIE!
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Imteresting how you just have to acquire the guns you really wanted as a kid. Too bad thatnow, many of these guns are so beat up that you have to pay collectors prices for a good one.
  • mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    As was the case for most of us, my first was a Winchester .22 pump back around '47. What they used to call a "gallery gun". Got stolen. Broke my heart.Mudge the geezerThat 1947 to you whippersnappers.
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • ysacresysacres Member Posts: 294 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    When my son turns 21 I'm going to give him most all the guns in my collection so that he can enjoy shooting while he's young and not half to wait till he's an old geezerAt What age do you turn onto an old geezer???
  • varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mudge,I would have hired a hit man. varmit the vindictive
    A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.
    edited November -1
    LTS, A trip to Temple never hurt anyone. He had better be careful though that he don't leave with more than he went with
  • 218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    I have a small collection of M-23 Savage boltguns in .22 and 32-20,after shooting them a while I usually just load them like a single shot ,and shoot that way...it is just as easy as pullin` out the mag,loading it,and putting it back in..218[This message has been edited by 218Beekeep (edited 02-12-2002).]