In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Did anybody take ya in?

218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
When I first started posting here,I wasn`t sure I fit in..but then,who completely fits in anywhere?Simonbs,Shane,legn4,He Dog,Salzo and a few others seamed to take to me ,early on. Rembrandt has put a lot of time and effort into being friends with me..and I am very thankfull for it.I`ve made friends with many since then...Glad to see varmit hunter back,he is a fine person Well,here I go again,gettin` all sensitive and stuff..again.Thanks Everbody!....218

Comments

• Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I first came on board, I had some prett heated discussion with 'ole Beach about the AK versus the Garand. He's pretty much the reason I switched to the M1A from my AK.I've still got a soft spot for bumping AK's around in the hills, but the M1A has become my obession.Beach, thanks for taking a punk kid under your cyber wing and pulling my head out of my rectum!
  • Gordian BladeGordian Blade Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gee, you guys are making me all warm and weepy. Life is so beautiful. Excuse me while I go have a good cry.
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is too easy to be liked. I dont want to be taken in, I want to be the most hated, despised person who posts on this board. When people see my name on a post, I want them to be thinbking "Boy Id like to kick that guys a@#"
    Happiness is a warm gun
  • ladrladr Member Posts: 263 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry Salzo, you have to stand in line for that.Remember, I am the school yard bully.Or is it 'clouder this week?We need a dang roster to keep it straight.
    NO GUTS, NO GLORY
  • thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just love to trash newbies to make myself feel better
  • legn4legn4 Member Posts: 481 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey 218 , You know it is easlier to take in those little pencil necks than to throw out the big dogs. Haha how ya been?
    Work'n like a dog all nite
  • varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Heck Bee,With my spelling,nobody knew what I was talkin about for the first six months.
    A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.
  • Ms. BeastMs. Beast Member Posts: 496 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I started coming here, everyone made me feel welcome! I enjoy reading and posting here, I leave the fight threads alone!
  • ladrladr Member Posts: 263 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ms.Beast, It is ALWAYS easy to make classy people such as you welcome.PS: It is time for some more of your pictures.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,447 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Boy Howdy! I love these sensitive threads, I can get in touch with my inner boy scout. I liked you right from the start Beekeeper, any feller with a soft spot for useless ammo like .218 Bees and ugly guns like mod. 99's is a guy to keep around!
  • dhdh Member Posts: 127 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,447 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Me too, but I find that schnable forend on a lever action a bit too Teutonic. Always kind of jars me.
  • the loveable rat...the loveable rat... Member Posts: 969 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    whats wrong with teutonic? shrieking valkyries are good for the hunting nerves... unless in your neck of the woods its too teuton-common...
  • 218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    Hey rat,we need to do that little everglades adventure thing..look forward to more E-mails,and more planning...if it goes well,we could involve a few SMJ members in the future. I see that ~The Salzo~is still suppressing his sensitive side.Did somebody say somethin` about...
    Did somebody say somethin` about bees?[This message has been edited by 218Beekeep (edited 02-07-2002).]
  • the loveable rat...the loveable rat... Member Posts: 969 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    218-my guy is picking up his new plane this weekend...i'll apply the screws to him after...will advise...
  • k.stanonikk.stanonik Member Posts: 2,109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    well i havent been taken in yet but i do enjoy reading and posting replies. I find everyone here to be knowledgable and want to help. thanks to all the nice people here for the honor of your knowledge. Kris
  • WyomingSwedeWyomingSwede Member Posts: 402 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is a piss-poor person who has to build himself up by tearing someone else down.Most on this board treat people politely as they would like to be treated, with a few exceptions.swede
  • PupPup Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Taken in? You mean there's a way in? Really? Sweet! That means there's hope for me yet
    Politicians, like diapers, should be changed often and for the same reason.
  • shaneshane Member Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's not hard to like people who you connect with and those of you who I have made friends with here are people who for some reason or another just seem like down to earth folks to me. All of us here have alot in common and seem to grow from knowing each other. Some people may take a friendship through a web site lightly but I have bonded with some good folks on this site and do not take that lightly, even though I have never met some of them face to face I can talk to them about problems or borrow useful information from them and even get an unbiased openion (sp) on personal matters from time to time.How many friends do you have who you can trust with things like that who you can talk to every day????????I think we are all lucky to be able to get together like this!!And I'm lucky to have a friend named 218.Hey Salzo, I like ya!!! Your're not as mean as you like to put on and we all know it!!But we don't mind if you want to keep up the act!!!!!!!
    Sir Shane of the~Secret Select Society of Sauve Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Miss. CreantMiss. Creant Member Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like myselfand Bee-boy still owes me a kiss
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A certain individual here on this board has shared two meals (and then some) with me in the last few months. I won't drop names due to the fact that some of us wish to remain discreet--in spite of the fact that anyone doing a wee bit of homework could find out exactly where I work and what my real name is. I will give that individual that respect. There are people that cross paths with us in life and then there is that handful of individuals that you are truly thankful for having met. I almost forgot the other two members of a secret triad that took me into their barracks room at the 10th Mountain Division replacement unit. We both arrived almost simultaniously at Fort Drum and were assigned adjacent rooms. One evening I passed by their room and noticed a gun magazine laying on the bed through the open doorway. I commented and was then invited in. The following 18 months were marked with long late evenings playing AD&D and many shooting range and gun show trips (not to mention a couple of rendezvous at a secret location down south). They took me in like nobody else. Hell...two FISTERS taking in an MP investigator. Now that is almost unheard of! I have never had real tears in my eyes when saying goodbye to another man (except maybe dad when he dropped me off at basic training). You guys are the best and you know who you are.____Proud Privately Practicing Parishoner of the PVM.[This message has been edited by idsman75 (edited 02-09-2002).]
  • soopsoop Member Posts: 4,633
    edited November -1
    I,ve been hanging around here for quite a spell now but don`t jump in too often and therefore haven`t really made a connection with too many of you as of yet.Lots of times I think of jumping in with something but back off.Guess I`ve always been the kind of guy who keeps to himself, even here where you can remain unknown.
  • shaneshane Member Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't be shy around here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Miss Creant, The next time 218 strolls into the pumphouse just go ahead and lay one on him
    Sir Shane of the~Secret Select Society of Sauve Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • 218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    Yeah,Miss Creant,next time I ease on over to the pump house,go ahead and plant one me...LTS did.VAL/DOC