In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Who besides me?

legn4legn4 Member Posts: 481 ✭✭✭
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
Who out there will be glad when the holidays are over? Now don't get me wrong. But you know what i mean, stores are a madhouse,traffic sucks,got to be here & there (inlaws),boss changed your hrs. etc. etc.
Work'n like a dog all nite

Comments

• Options
    taxijohntaxijohn Member Posts: 111 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's like womans period, except it only comes once a year, I do kind of dislike it.
  • Options
    GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Waiting for it to pass by ... quickly. Everywhere I go there's a line! Don't even try going to the post office unless you have 30 minutes to kill.
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I started playing Christmas music 3 months ago....lights are up...watching a Holiday special and I'm enjoying every minute of it.....no "bah hum bug" here...
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    My wife and our two kids have all their birthdays in October,the 5th,11th and the 12th.So it gets started early here at TWO EIGHTEEN BEEKEEPER PLACE .218
  • Options
    the loveable rat...the loveable rat... Member Posts: 969 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    uh oh...certain items sent to 218 Savage Hive Manor might not get to you then....
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Sorry. I just can't get into it. My ol' lady loves the holidays. She hates my anti-Christmas attitude. Oh well. Tough *.
    Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    SXSMANSXSMAN Member Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dano,you know he's talking about a period of time,not a girl named Holly Day.If your good,you can sit at the adult table this year!
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I always spend way too much around the holiday season. I guess it's a plague that falls upon many others this time of year. I bought my mom a revolver in .38 S&W this year and it's been sitting in my closet for about a month now. It's so hard not to take it out and shoot it. However, mom and dad would just be getting that coffee pot they asked for if I started bonding with the new gun.
  • Options
    bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    the thing that makes the holidays bearable to me is the lights shining in the grandkids eyes.makes it all worthwhile.
  • Options
    dhdh Member Posts: 127 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wife loves it.She wants her tree the day after Thanksgiving and then all the lights outside have to go up and the house is decorated like a dept. store.She watches little ones during the day and since we don't have any kids they get all the attention AND presents we can possibly afford.I moan and groan the whole time we are decorating and then without a doubt we get in an argument.I tell her every year I would rather eat dog poop than put up decorations and every year I'm there putting them up.
  • Options
    SXSMANSXSMAN Member Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not into the holidays since my folks died,hate shopping(unless for guns)and can't normally wait for it all to be over.This year being off work because of surgery I find it's not so bad since I have nothing to do or that I can do.Next year I'll be back in the same boat as you.
  • Options
    ndbillyndbilly Member Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "If I could work my will, every fool who went about with 'Merry Christmas' on his lips would be boiled in his own pudding and buried with a stake of holly through his heart!" - Ebeneezer said it best.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,017 ******
    edited November -1
    I have actually gone into a store and bought ONE, count 'em, ONE, Christmas gift. The rest I got online. Great way to shop.
    Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the premier gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!
  • Options
    cowboy62cowboy62 Member Posts: 70 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It sure puts alot of pressure on a guy in these economic slumps....I operate my own business.....No regular paycheck. I think we should cancel the "Holidays" this year.JMHOCowboy
  • Options
    concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What lowrider said..
    Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT Criminals
  • Options
    pops401pops401 Member Posts: 616 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GOTTA AGREE WITH BARTO!!!!!GOT six 'o them critters, 'n it don't get no better.
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hate 'em. Wall to wall people and cars. I'm lucky. On;y 3 gifts to mess with. A check to each of my 2 daughters and something for Mrs. Mudge and she's easy. Ebenezer Mudge
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • Options
    smooth_operatorsmooth_operator Member Posts: 227 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well its not all that good when you think about it... Last week went to a gun show and decided to buy myself an early christmas present (Benelli M1). Two days later, reality hits...and it now hurts to look into that bank account especially when I remember that there are about twenty other people I have to buy gifts for.-Smooth
    Life is the leading cause of death.Everything else is just a contributing factor.
  • Options
    biganimalbiganimal Member Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Man I love this time of the year!!!! Most of the year I'm a big ole bast**d. I really get into the spirit. buying gifts for the wife and kids (4 of em), slipping one or two under the tree for myself and blaming it on SANTA......
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    biganimal,I like that last part!!I think a lot of us can learn from you!!The funny thing about it is that my mother always gives me 1 from her,and a couple from 'Santa'.....I don`t think anybody would know the difference!!Thanx..218