In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Valley Forge I Dont Think So

GunMamaGunMama Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
I heard that the new people doing Valley Forge are just dealers that dont know how to or have never ran a show before. Dont think we will waste our time to drive their SORRY... For those that didnt do their homework I heard they were giving up their license because of problems and to have good gun shows you dont need amateurs doing them and ending up ruining them for everyone.[This message has been edited by GunMama (edited 12-20-2001).]

Comments

• Options
    compgunfirecompgunfire Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Drive over to Lancaster, PA. Appalachian Promotions (they were "Borderline") is having a gunshow at the "Host Inn & Conf. Center" on Route 30 just down from the "outlets".For info call: (717) 697-3088[This message has been edited by compgunfire (edited 12-19-2001).]
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    Hey GunMama...Welcome!.218
  • Options
    Guns & GlassGuns & Glass Member Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Found out some info on promoters.Husband, and wife team. He has a gunshop, and did many shows over the years. He is giving up his FFL to do show promotions full time. Is he committed or should he be?. She works for a Phila. area TV station. I think in some management/organization capacity. Former, and other promoters who wanted the show but didn't get it are mad, and trying to hurt the "new-old " show. That may or may not be totally true, but great gun shows are getting farther, and fewer, besides taking the 'rap' from the: anti gunners, misguided,uneducated public, and media is hurting showsWe all must act as a collective voice, and support clean, legal, quality shows. Peroid. Goal to make it a "gun-gun related" show. No piles of jewelry, trinkets, toys, clothing, junk, etc., etc.Just guns, guns, hunting, shooting items.Heard they spent $$$ wooing exibitors, had ads on/in the TV, newspapers. Want to find out is it open to "responsible" media. Hope so, because as Paul Harvey says, "now for the rest of the story",... can be shown.Wife already mad that I have business this Saturday, so close to Christmas(shopping?), not to mention hunting, but if I can make the drive I'll try to be there.
    Happy Bullet Holes!
  • Options
    Guns & GlassGuns & Glass Member Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gun Mamma,FYI I too don't want to make a wasted trip, so I spoke to the promoter, and he gave up his license because he was just plain tired of not making $$$ for the amount of time he spent, and the paperwork hassles. Sadly that's happening too much, today. He also said that he handed in his license after receiving a letter from the Fed's that there was nothing illegal about his business.I guess that's why they were able to get a license to be a gun show promoter.Well Sunday is the day I hope to be there if it doesn't snow. Maybe I'll get the opportunity to meet your and yours.
    Happy Bullet Holes![This message has been edited by Guns & Glass (edited 12-21-2001).]
  • Options
    ShowPromoterShowPromoter Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Valley Forge Gun Show: Destined to be the best all-around gun show on the East Coast. Only ones who think NOT are those who can't have this location. Show is currently sold out. March date is 1/3 full at this time. Hope to see you there.Show Promoter!P.S. Have been a long time producer and putting this gun show together was a piece of cake. LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION - WHAT MORE HAS TO BE SAID!!!
  • Options
    compgunfirecompgunfire Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ShowPromoterYou only sold your "soul" to be at this location. Some people do remember who their friends are.Try doing more than one show before you claim success. One show does not made you a promoter. [This message has been edited by compgunfire (edited 12-21-2001).]
  • Options
    gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ShowPromoter: How may tables at your show and will there be better lighting and elbow room than before at this location. Also, a couple of the fellows want to know if anyone will be outside at the door soliciting donations for their gun organization and Harley raffles-bad scene last time and the guys vowed never to come back. They planned on going to Lancaster and want to know why they should go to your show besides being billed as the "best" show around. Personally, it's not an issue with me but it's their turn to drive.
    Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.
  • Options
    gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Debate closed and compromise reached. We do two gun shows in one day, Valley Forge in the morning then up Rt. 30 to the Lancaster show in the afternoon. Only one catch, I have to buy lunch for my buddies who are driving so the Valley Forge show better be good.
    Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.