In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am really getting fed up with the game commission. If you scroll down on that page, you will see the new regs. for the October Muzzleloader season. Any long gun muzzleloader will do. It is no longer flintlock only.

Happiness is a warm gun
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Jut read on same page that the use of crossbows in special regulation areas during the archery season has been approved. Must go through another comittee. What a joke. Lets just do away with seasons and just let everyone hunt with whatever they want, whenever they want.

Happiness is a warm gun
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You know what Salzo, I'm getting fed up with This idoit in charge of the PGC, He is trying his but off to get the statewide deer herd down for his trophy buck bull crap. now he is going to get all these weekend warriors with their fancy inline muzzleloaders that don't belong in the woods. How many guys are guilty of taking flinters and thinking they can shoot like a rifle, now they are going to let the glorified inlines out there and these idiots will be wounding deer 300 yds away! To top it off they are doing all of this in archery season! This is bullcrap! I just got off the phone with one of my farmer buddies I work for iin the summer and told him about this junk. He's closing off his 650 acre farm to the public and told me that this summer we are waging war on the deer, he said we will deliver a hay wagon full of deer to the game commision, they want the deer killed off he is going to get it! That man is ruining PA for the traditional hunters, he is trying to turn the entire state into a trophy buck preserve so he can up the license fees. This man needs to go. The more I sit here the madder I'm getting and I tell you what, I see muzzle loaders out in my archery spot they aint getting a shot at a deer, I'll park my pickup in the middle of the woodsand crank the stereo up. This is stupid, it was one thing last year to have ML in archery but now they are letting those inlines and the juniors and seniors get to carry the rifles, why bother having archery if they are going to let all the guns out there, they are ruining our hunting season!

If you want my guns you will have to kill me first. I was born free and to take that from me you better be ready to fight.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    7mm- Have you ever read anything so absurd, as this antler measurement nonsense being different in different areas of the state. Has to be a spike with 3inches in special regs, has to be a four pointer in this county, has to have at least two points in this county, at least three points in that county. These guys are losing their marbles.

Happiness is a warm gun
  • Options
    groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    7mm, Shoot me your email address at charliemill@earthlink.net
  • Options
    DarkStar11DarkStar11 Member Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The one I thought was interesting is that if you are active military, a junior license holder, or have a vehicle exemption, you can still take a spike with a single, 3" horn.

This really affects me, and my family. As mentioned before, we have had a cabin in the middle of the Alleghany National Forest for over 60 years now. Big bucks are not a normal thing up there, and they never were -- a four point is something to be dang proud of. The size of the rack isn't because of hunting pressure, because I have seen the number of hunters decrease drastically. I live in TX now, and unless you know someone with land you pretty much have to purchase a yearly land lease from a private landowner. These go for about $1250-$1500 a year per person. I always figured for that much money, I could go back to PA, enjoy Thanksgiving with the family, buy a non-resident license, go to the family cabin and hunt with my Father and other family with the chance of bagging a spike or 3 point, and still come out ahead -- way ahead! This law pretty much eliminates my chance of bagging anything other than a cold. I guess I'll leave the .30-06 in TX and take the 35mm this year, and not pay the PA Game Commission a bloody dime.

Just wait, next year y'all will be able to hunt with semi-autos, too!

DarkStar11"Now is the test of the boomerangtossed in the night of redeeming"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    why the hell is there an antler exemption for active military?

Happiness is a warm gun
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Here's the deal, I'm going to become an outlaw this year. I'm not picky about the deer I shoot. When it comes to buck I feel like this, I'm no trophy hunter, I'm a meat hunter. In 20 years of legal hunting I have shot one trophy buck and I stumbled upon him. I see horns I shoot. I'm not changing now, I see horns I'm shootin. As far as the early season for the kids, my kids aint going out, the can wait till the traditional time to go with a gun. And, do you think if either of my kids get a shot on a spike and they want it I'm going to tewll them no? This Gary Alt, or whatever the heck his name is can go jump off a bridge for all I care. Like my farmer buddy says, they want the deer killed off, we gonna kill every one we see on his farm, does or bucks. We never shot bucks for crop damage, we going to now. And wait till I talk to the other farmers I help out, probably get the same thing from them. All I got to say is them deer better get off the farm this year cause we gonna give the game commission what they want, dead deer.

God, I'm fumin!!!

If you want my guns you will have to kill me first. I was born free and to take that from me you better be ready to fight.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am having a hard time understanding why prohibiting shooting "small antlered" bucks is going to make a healthier deer herd. I guess the logic is you will have bucks with bigger racks-but bigger racks does not make a healthier deer. The only result I see is better deer for trophy hunters. I do not hunt for trophys I hunt for meat, as do most hunters. And the idea that I am supposed to pass up meat so someone can have a better trophy next year is absurd, and borderline unethical.
    We got a deer where we hunt last year that was the size of a cow. A puny rack, but a massive body. And you cannot tell me that that deer was unhealthy because of its pitiful rack.

Happiness is a warm gun
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Salzo, I'm not going to ask the deer to wait while I inspect his horns, if I see horn, I'm shootin. As far as the rant about killing all the deer on the farm that come from the other changes regarding dropping the doe population down and allowing the doe hunting in archery season. Hehehehe, I know one farm that's going to have a lower population this year!
    All I got to say is they have totally ruined deer hunting in this state, they just ruined it. And BTW, I HATE INLINES!!

GHD, you have mail.

• Options
    gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A LOT OF GUYS ARE GOING TO SHOOT THE FIRST BUCK THEY SEE THAT THEY LIKE REGARDLESS OF ANTLER SIZE NO MATTER WHAT THE NEW TROPHY HUNTER RULES ARE. FROM GOING TO DIFFERENT MEETINGS AND DISCUSSION FORUMS ABOUT THE SEASONS AND NEW REGULATIONS THERE SEEMS TO BE A BIG URBAN HIGH DOLLAR CITY/CEO TYPE HUNTER INFLUENCE THAT THE GAME COMMISSION IS CATERING TO. YOU CAN BET THAT WITHIN 5 YEARS WE WILL BE PAYING MORE THAN $100 FOR A BASIC HUNTING LICENSE PLUS VARIOUS USER FEES SO THAT THIS NEW GROUP OF "LAZY" HIGH DOLLAR HUNTERS CAN BE ACCOMODATED. PERSONALLY, THIS DEER SEASON I AM BUYING A SAFARI HUNTING SUIT AND TAKING A GUIDE/GAME SPOTTER AND A GUN BEARER SO THAT I MAY BETTER ASSIST MR. ALT IN REACHING HIS OBJECTIVES.

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.