In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Open Range !!!!

BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
So I go out and rent this DVD - Great Movie - It starts really getting good, right where the sheriff has the boy down in the street and &$#^$#$#@&&&(^(%$#@disk stops - right before the last gunfight[:(!][:(!] - I'm yellin/screamin and can't get it to advance and it skips over the last battle to the end of the movie[xx(]. STUPID RENTAL DVDs - had to go out and buy the movie today - and got a free rental at the movie store[:)].

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY RIGHTS - GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY (this includes politicians)

Comments

• jwhardingjwharding Member Posts: 2,897 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I heard it was good. If you ever get to see the whole movie let me know how it is.
    JW

fc6cb6ef.gif
  • ruger 10 22ruger 10 22 Member Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought it was a pretty good movie. That last gunfight was good.

"The militia may be here destroyed by that method which has been practiced in other parts of the world before; that is, by rendering them useless - by disarming them."
  • ruger 10 22ruger 10 22 Member Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought it was a pretty good movie. That last gunfight was good.[:p[;)]

"The militia may be here destroyed by that method which has been practiced in other parts of the world before; that is, by rendering them useless - by disarming them."
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Saw it in the theater. Will probably buy soon. I have so many to buy now that I have a DVD player.
  • jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
    edited November -1
    Just got done watching it about 1/2 hour ago. Want to know what you missed? It is a decent movie, might buy it later on. Have Gods and Generals to watch next before I take them back to rental place tomorrow.

"we are but men... no more, no less..."
  • gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I certainly would like to have that shotgun that Kommie Kostner used, what a powerhouse for a black powder firearm.

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.

Don't fly the river!
  • woodshermitwoodshermit Member Posts: 2,589
    edited November -1
    I just watched it a couple of days ago and enjoyed it. The dialogue is a bit stiff, but, I think Costner was trying to emulate the old westerns from the 40's and 50's. Some of the added features are good, too. If someone is watching Gods and Generals, be prepared to hit the fast forward button or endure some incredibly painful conversations.

A tip for when your rental DVD acts up. I find that taking the DVD and rinsing it under the kitchen faucet, then immersing it in water with a little dishwashing liquid added, shaking it off and pat dry (not rub) and try again. This works most of the time unless the disc is really scratched up bad. I had a Finding Nemo disc a couple weeks ago and it died on me. Turned it over and couldn't see anything at all, but, after washing it worked fine.
  • woodshermitwoodshermit Member Posts: 2,589
    edited November -1
    Oh, and "Kommie Kostner" didn't use a shotgun, that was used by "I love the smell of napalm in the morning Duvall".
  • gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I must have been dozing during that scene, just remember the guy flying through the air from the shotgun blast. Would have been a better movie without Costner.

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.

Don't fly the river!