In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New Daisy BB Gun

Dana DeanDana Dean Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
edited October 2001 in General Discussion
Wondering if their is any interest in bb guns.I have all sorts of big guns and a few german $$$ spring piston air rifles,but it all started 35 yrs ago with a Daisy 102 cub.Rescently I`ve been trying to buy a good new Daisy.By sons 5yr old 105 groops in 1in. or so at 15 yds.These new guns,a m95 and a red ryder I`ve bought shoot in about 10in throwing them about any where.These new guns "mist" oil with each shot.Seems they might be getting a little better after 1000 shots with less mist.Also seems like that 105 of my sons was a dog when we 1st got it.Any feedback appreciated,thanks,DD

Comments

• Options
    Mark IIMark II Member Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like you are more into air rifles than I am, but my vote goes to crossman. The model 7600 was plenty accurate to get me started. After that, I went to one of those chinese single shots, with the cocking lever under the barrel. It allowed me to hit coke bottle caps with fair consistency at ranges up to 100 yards. After that, I went to firearms.Recently, daisy has been focusing more on the area of paintball, and it is possible that the quality of their bb and pellet guns have fallen behind and are no longer the priority. One more reason for crossman.
    "To meet with ill fortune is to meet with good fortune. To meet with submission is to meet an enemy."[This message has been edited by Mark II (edited 09-30-2001).]
  • Options
    Dana DeanDana Dean Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mark,I also had a 760 many years ago that did a good job.I also have a Daisy 880 that shoots great.Good shooting,DD