In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Odd Stories Folks Have Told Me

218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
I had a boss from North Caralina,years ago,tell me a story about when he was a teenager,working for a company that was renovating an Insane Asylum in NC.He looked out the window to see this big tall resident sitting on a park bench,staring ahead ,with his mouth open.Then a little guy ,who was also a resident sat next to him ,looked around to see if any one was looking,then unzipped the other guys fly...and walked away."What the hell",this young witness was wondering.The little guy comes back,pulls the guys thang out...and walks away.The other guy staring ahead,mouth open."What the hell now"A few minutes later the little guy comes back,sits down ,looks around to make sure nobody was lookin`,reaches over and starts workin` on the ol` boy,for about ten seconds...walks away,leavin` the ol` boy sittin` there,staring strait ahead,mouth open,and the ol` nine inch`er pointin` strait at the sky.
Will the last reb to leave flarda,please bring the flag?[This message has been edited by 218Beekeep (edited 09-29-2001).][This message has been edited by 218Beekeep (edited 09-29-2001).]

Comments

• will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    Probably a normal day in San Fran. Yuk!
    If you run, you'll just die tired!
  • shaneshane Member Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What ya trying to say 218 ????? You lost me !!!
  • 218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    I guess I forgot ta mention he was sittin` there like that for a long time after words.With people walkin by looking at him.I guess I didn`t tell it any where near as good as the ol boy from NC told it to me.
    edited November -1
    Oh, I see now. You had me worried there for a minute. I thought you were typing and fell asleep!(just funnin)
  • 218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    Yeah shane,the other guy never came back again,probably just stood off at a distance,whatching the reactions of other residents and visitors.
    edited November -1
    Where was this place at? Do you recall?
  • Walt NunleyWalt Nunley Member Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds almost like penthouse forum.....................
    Submarine Sailor,Truck Driver,and very bad typist.GO RUSTY #2
  • XracerXracer Member Posts: 1,990
    edited November -1
    Reminds me of the story of the guy who's driving along and gets a flat tire.He pulls over to the side of the road, which just happens to be in front of the Insane Asylum.He jacks up the car, pulls off the hubcap and undoes the lugnuts, putting each one in the hubcap. Unknown to him, as he puts each lugnut into the hubcap, a squrrel grabs it and hides it in a tree.When he puts the spare tire on the car, he looks in the hubcap.....and...no lugnuts! What to do now?A man in the window of the asylum yells out, "Why don't you take one lugnut off each of the other wheels to get you a gas station where you can get some new lugnuts?"The driver says, "Hey, that's pretty smart. How come you're in there?""Well, I may be crazy, but I'm not stupid!"
  • badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Reminds me of an old one. A certain preacher always started his sermons by asking "why are we all here?"One Sunday he was preaching at the local insane asylum and asked "why are we all here?"An inmate popped up and said "we're all here 'cause we're not all there!"
    So many guns to buy. So little money.
  • varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In the late 50's when I was in Jr. High School (Yeah, I'm old, mid school had not been invented yet), A fellow moved to my home town who was one of the beats. The genuine article. This beatnik opened a little coffee shop called the Inn of the Dubious Elf. Tables with checked cloths, candles in wine bottles with wax running down the sides. I thought it was a pretty cool place, and he was a nice fellow who tolerated a kid hanging out in the afternoons. I would get a coke and do homework, sometimes listen to beat poetry. That was were I was first introduced to jazz. I must have been the only customer, because after a few months the place closed and I never saw the guy again. Some years later I heard this story from a psychiatrist I knew. Seems after the Elf closed, the beatnik got a job working in the state hospital in a small town about 30 miles from where I grew up. After he had been working there for some time he became interested in a particular catatonic patient. This patient was an older fellow, in his 50's, I would guess, who sat in a rocking chair and rocked all day. When the fellow had worked long enough to have some vacation saved up he got permission to take a week off and try something. Monday morning he carried a rocking chair into the patient's room and sat it beside the patient. He rocked next to the man for the entire day, and returned the next day to do the same. And the next, and the next, and the next. On Friday evening around 5:00 he stopped rocking and let out a long sigh. The patient said "yeah." From that point he began to come out of the catatonia and interact with others. According to the story he was eventually released and went home. I have never been sure it was a true story, but I have always loved it.
  • .250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HeDog, that is a really cool story. It makes up for you blowing kisses at me (GRIN).
    I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.--Voltare