In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The Binch Who Stole Happiness

.250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
This one isn't mine, just forwarding to the troops... > > >(Most of you are familiar with the Grinch I'm sure...)> > >> > >"The Binch"> > >> > >Every U down in Uville liked U.S. a lot,> > >> > >But the Binch, who lived Far East of Uville, did not.> > >> > >The Binch hated U.S! the whole U.S. way!> > >> > >Now don't ask me why, for nobody can say,> > >> > >It could be his turban was screwed on too tight.> > >> > >Or the sun from the desert had beaten too bright> > >> > >But I think that the most likely reason of all> > >> > >May have been that his heart was two sizes too small.> > >> > >But, Whatever the reason, his heart or his turban,> > >> > >He stood facing Uville, the part that was urban.> > >> > >"They're doing their business," he snarled from his perch.> > >> > >"They're raising their families! They're going to church!> > >> > >They're leading the world, and their empire is thriving,> > >> > >I MUST keep the S's and U's from surviving!"> > >> > >Tomorrow, he knew, all the U's and the S's,> > >> > >Would put on their pants and their shirts and their dresses,> > >> > >They'd go to their offices, playgrounds and schools,> > >> > >And abide by their U and S values and rules,> > >> > >And then they'd do something he liked least of all,> > >> > >Every U down in U-ville, the tall and the small,> > >> > >Would stand all united, each U and each S,> > >> > >And they'd sing Uville's anthem, "God bless us! God bless!"> > >> > >All around their Twin Towers of Uville, they'd stand,> > >> > >and their voices would drown every sound in the land.> > >> > >"I must stop that singing," Binch said with a smirk,> > >> > >And he had an idea--an idea that might work!> > >> > >The Binch stole some U airplanes in U morning hours,> > >> > >And crashed them right into the Uville Twin Towers.> > >> > >"They'll wake to disaster!" he snickered, so sour,> > >> > >"And how can they sing when they can't find a tower?"> > >> > >The Binch cocked his ear as they woke from their sleeping,> > >> > >All set to enjoy their U-wailing and weeping,> > >> > >Instead he heard something that started quite low,> > >> > >And it built up quite slow, but it started to grow--> > >> > >And the Binch heard the most unpredictable thing...> > >> > >And he couldn't believe it--they started to sing!> > >> > >He stared down at U-ville, not trusting his eyes,> > >> > >What he saw was a shocking, disgusting surprise!> > >> > >Every U down in U-ville, the tall and the small,> > >> > >Was singing! Without any towers at all!> > >> > >He HADN'T stopped U-Ville from singing! It sung!> > >> > >For down deep in the hearts of the old and the young,> > >> > >Those Twin Towers were standing, called Hope and called Pride,> > >> > >And you can't smash the towers we hold deep inside.> > >> > >So we circle the sites where our heroes did fall,> > >> > >With a hand in each hand of the tall and the small,> > >> > >And we mourn for our losses while knowing we'll cope,> > >> > >For we still have inside that U-Pride and U-Hope.> > >> > >For America means a bit more than tall towers,> > >> > >It means more than wealth or political powers,> > >> > >It's more than our enemies ever could guess,> > >> > >So may God bless America! Bless us! God bless!> > >> > >> >
I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.--Voltare