In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Guns in the home

Patrick OdlePatrick Odle Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
While I am in agreement that you can prove just about anything stastically a study concerning guns in the home amazing revealedthat guns are seventh in the things that are most dangerous in the average household.Stairs were fifth an the # 1 went to lawnmowers. Just imagine how high the grass is in shulmer and kennedys yard.

Comments

• rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does it take into consideration the number of homes with stairs, lawn mowers, and firearms and calculate this in?The most dangerous thing in the home is the brain that is not used before doing something really stupid.[This message has been edited by rsnyder55 (edited 09-08-2001).]
  • landislandis Member Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The most dangerous thing in your home is the liberal idiot who wants to tell you how to run your life based on his interpretation of the statistics, (which can be bent to whatever purpose they want to). If you eat eggs twice a week and meat once a day, smoke half a pack a week, have a single gun in your home, have a car, and drink coffee and like beer once in a while, you probably shouldn't be alive statistically.
  • bsebastbsebast Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Patrick-- A very interesting post. Where did you get the information? I would like to pass it on to others along with the source. --Thanks, Bill
    Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 bsebast@airmail.net
  • will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    Let's ban them assault lawnmowers so kids will be safe!
    You can run, but you'll just die tired!Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, RELOAD!
  • timberbeasttimberbeast Member Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is an assault mower defined by number of blades, or by fuel capacity??
  • ED PED P Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Even if they enforce a ban on Assault lawnmowers, we can probably still buy a foreign mower with US parts..
  • sandman2234sandman2234 Member Posts: 894 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Figures...guns, a staircase in the house, one in the utility room, one outback in the garage, three lawnmowers. Let me know if they are going to ban Hi capacity baggers. Or multi-blade decks as soon as you can. I have a reasonably large yard (at least for this neighborhood) and will need to stock up. Just can't do it with the pusher. Maybe I better start before the prices go up anymore.
    Have Gun, will travel
  • Patrick OdlePatrick Odle Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bsebastIt was in a magazine I read late last year and for the life of me I can'remember which.I can narrow it to Readers Digest, American Rifleman, or Shotgun News for outside of the Bible those are about the total extent of my reading. If by chance I stumble across it again I will post it on the discussion board Patrick
  • bfairbfair Member Posts: 250 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Owners multiple blade lawn mowers with a fuel cap of more than 1 gallon will have to buy a Class III license from BATF for $1200.If you transfer ownership additional Class III fees will apply.Converting 1 Gallon tanks to more than 1 gal will be illegal. All lawnmower ownership will be banned in Kaliforia.
    When you come to a fork in the road...Take itSemper Paratus
  • competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They've already passed laws banning leave blowers in parts of Kalifornia--too much noise was the motivation.
  • RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm afraid my garage is full of dangerous weapons, mower, weedeater, chainsaw, grinders, all kinds of powertools, and semiautomatic hammers....does that mean I have an arsenal?
  • Dave3Dave3 Member Posts: 106 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did you hear about the killings in Iowa. The guy killed 5 people with a hammer. A teenager killed a girl here last summer with a baseball bat. I would guess these will soon be banned and we will have to glue our houses together.
    "Protect the Right to Protect yourself"
  • .250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rembrant--Yes, you do have an arsenal--turn yourself in immediately, and you won't be harmed (at least for now) by the police-state nazis.
    I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.--Voltare