In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

GunBroker Auction Junkie...

Christian B.Christian B. Member Posts: 218 ✭✭✭
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
I think I've hit an all time low. I thought it was just confined to ebay auctions... but here I am... addicted.I've found myself seeking things I don't need, spending money I haven't earned, to "surprise" people I'll never meet. I've gone so far as to list items for a gun store down here just to stay in the action of it all. I'm actually going to lose money on my glock 26, and I'm not even sure I wanted to sell the thing.Nothing is colder to my bones than one of those notices "YOU HAVE BEEN OUTBID". My God! Don't they know what will happen to me if I don't get another shotgun? What if my home is broken into and I run out of ammo in all of the other guns? I'm considering starting a 12 step program for this... affliction. I'm sure that dozens of people would join, if they could only bring their laptops and cell phones.Any other junkies?christian

Comments

• woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sign me up!!!Since my favorite dealer retired last spring I shop more and more here.WOODS
  • BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
    edited November -1
    Yeah - I either have to be bidding or selling. I found my new low the other day - " Hi I'm BlueTic, I'm an auctionaholic - I put a $2.00 bid on a $500.00 gun that started at $1.00, just to see my name appear and check my rating"
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    I would bid on the 12 step program.
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Gap, I raise your bid to 13 steps, lol.
  • competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yea...I need a valentine too...
  • Christian B.Christian B. Member Posts: 218 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Twelve Steps1. We admitted we were powerless and that our arsenal had become unmanageable.2. Came to believe that a power greater than .50 calibre was needed to finish off a squirrel.3. Made a decision to turn our passwords and credit cards over to the care of our wives/girlfriends as they understood us.4. Made a searching and fearless inventory of all the un-necessary crap we never thought we'd win... but did.5. Admitted to God, Ourselves, Our Wives/Girlfriends, and the Credit Card companies, the exact nature of each item.6. Became willing to separate ourselves from all the defective gear and guns we'll never find ammo for.7. Humbly asked our loved ones to list those items on Gunbroker... with a starting price of $1.00 and no reserve.8. Made a list of all persons who stiffed us after an auction... and became willing to track them down and beat them severely.9. Beat such people whereever possible, except when to do so would involve beating a relative or if the poor bleeding sucker comes up with the green.10. Continued to take our inventory, and when we find a random magazine that doesn't go along with a gun, promptly beg our loved one to list it... with a $1.00 start and no reserve.11. Sought through prayer and meditation to not go back on that site... and when that fails, drink to the point of passing out before guessing the new password our wives installed. If drinking becomes excessive... see A.A. steps.12. Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of finding out we had an arsenal capable of overthrowing a third world nation, we tried to carry this message to other auction junkies, and to practice shooting more often than bidding.For those of you who are new-comers... understand that the 13 Step is when you find a woman who's in recovery for being an auction junkie (see ebay shoes), and marrying her.My name is C. J. - I'm an auction-addict.
    edited November -1
    Did I miss something?christian
    edited November -1
    Oh my God! I lost all of my members in the first day.christian
  • .250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Omigawd! You've got me LOL! No, make that tears running!Just 'cause I have enough ordanance and ammo to overthrow Etheopia, doesn't mean I have a problem! I can quit any time I want...Say, ya all seen that cool Dan Wesson stainless .357? And no bids!