In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

.50 Caliber Reccomendations?

boogerbooger Member Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
Naw, I ain't hunting nothing with it and I'm not a hanky-head either, I just like * that goes BOOM.I figger now is the time before we all start wishing we shoulda, coulda, darn it. I think scopes complicate things immensely but on a .50 I guess it's silly not to get one.I never see them in Jerrys Sport Center or most other dealer mailings. What's a good website or sumpin?I pose the question here instead of the "Experts" so we can respond more than ten times!!
Them ducks is wary.

Comments

• Hans GrueberHans Grueber Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do you want info on a .50 rifle or a scope for one?
  • boogerbooger Member Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well the gun really, but if you guys tell me I really need a scope to play, then by God I'm getting a scope too.
    edited November -1
    I don't own any or haven't even shot one but all I can recommend is to pick up a copy of Shotgun news. They usually have a few models for sale, such as the Barrett, LAR Big Bore, and one I've seen by Iver Johnson.Hans
  • .250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    O.K., here is the (feces)... www.fcsa.org/index.html I personally have a LAR Grizzly .50 BMG www.largrizzly.com hope these links work...
  • KadaverKadaver Member Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ummmm your not sure on a scope?, i would think a scope is kind of needed to hit targets up to a mile away.....but if your eyes are good with iron sights then go for it.
    edited November -1
    I think most of those guns don't even have iron sights on them, so I think a scope is required unless yer gonna trap shoot with it.
  • boogerbooger Member Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's why I'm here, ya'll are so entertaining.Thanks for the website info., that's a start. As for scopes, I'm east of the Mississippi (in Mississippi) and that long shot is going to be rare. However, I've got a 200 yard range in my backyard and I figure I'll know if I hit the hot water heaters, old shed, etc. I'm assuming it'll be a lot of fun without a scope, but maybe I'm wrong. LAR looks to be priced right, 250Savage, muzzle brake work O.K.? Does it reduce recoil without too much back-blast?
    Them ducks is wary.
    edited November -1
    No, thats not good.... If you want to spend the $$$, get a Barrett semi-auto. That goes BOOM!!!! (so to speak).
  • .250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    booger, honestly, I have YET to fire the beast! I have been puting together all the 'bits' needed, so I can't say, yet! Rest assured, I will post a reply when I touch off the first round of .50!!!