In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Communist California

Awoman4gunsAwoman4guns Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited November 2001 in General Discussion
I called the govenor's office to tell Davis not to sign the handgun (control) safety laws last month, he signed them anyway. I am sick of these people. I have been around firearms all my life and fired my first at age 10, and these people have the balls to tell me I have to take tests and courses to ensure that I know how to safely fire a weapon! I was taught by my fahter thatGUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE!I am a hunter and I know the consequences of pulling the trigger, Maybe they should take all these city kids and make them hunt. Make them kill it, gut and skin it, butcher it and cook it, like my father taught me and maybe they would have a little appreciation for life.

Comments

• Options
    ironsitesironsites Member Posts: 97 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a sad thing that the politicians vote the way THEY want instead of for the people. This is getting common and someday enough will be enough.
  • Options
    ED PED P Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm from Massachusetts, another commie state.I think the problem isn't the politicians, it's the large, densely packed urban populations deciding what the law is for the entire state. Nothing aggravates me more than all the doughy, soft, out of shape city dwellers who've never even shot a gun, voting on laws that affect people hundreds of miles around them who could care less if Boston sank into the sea. I wish they'd make their own state around Boston and leave the rest of the state alone.20 miles outside of Boston, the rest of the state is a gun and hunting loving, Ted Kennedy hating place, believe it or not. [This message has been edited by ED P (edited 11-09-2001).]
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The good news is that with global warmingmost of those areas will be under water.I only regret I won't live long enough to see it.
  • Options
    .250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Called that *'s office proir to passage to register my opposition to the unconstitutional new handgun law. The woman who answered didn't even bother to take my name or even pretend she was going to pass along my vote, just said "Thankyouverymuch"Click. It infuriated me, but sadly, it didn't surprise me. Our elected officials have been ignoring the will of the people for so long, it has become a reflex for them. "So you say you want a revolution..."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yea the same with me savage
  • Options
    ironsitesironsites Member Posts: 97 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just for the info. Are the new gun laws in Calif. for training to carry a handgun (license) or just to own one? If it is to own one, then this would be infringing on the 2nd as this would mean you need permission to own a gun and this is, of course, wrong!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This is to own a handgun, and of course it infringes the 2nd Amendment, but they don't care. For instance Cogressman Don Perata (Alameda) He supports gun control and gun bans, yet he has a CCW, you'd think Perata would understand the importance of self-defense, and at least give the voters and citizens the same benefits under the law which he enjoys. But he seems only concerned with his own safety, and doesn't trust ordinary people with the same means to defend ourselves. Just an Example
  • Options
    .250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Let's not forget good ol' Diane Swinestein. She has a CCW, but you know Kalifornia will be one of the last, if ever, to pass shall-issue.