In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

need help/suggestions

wlfmn323wlfmn323 Member Posts: 4,712
edited April 2006 in General Discussion
i have all the info and paperwork from RK enterprises that i need to file for my ffl. i cant afford to buy or rent a place so i was going for the home ffl. county zoning lady told me that i have to have a varience in order to sell firarms from my home(not any thing else, avon, books etc. are allowed with no varience). so i asks what law or ordinance (sp?) stated that i could not sell firarms from my home on a special order basis. she could not give me an answer. so i played their game and filed for the varience, $75. I was told i had to put an ad in the paper another $35 and send registered letters to my neighbors stating what i wanted to do, another $18. got to the meeting explained what i wanted to do, no changes to property no signs, no excess traffic. and my hippie neighbors start a bit ch fest.
they were concerned for the traffic, they were really concerned for the safety of their children/grandchildren, property value, and the best one of all, "if it is zoned agricultural then it needs to stay agricultural, we are losing too much farm ground as it is." i explained that with less then 2 acres i wasnt going to be doing a lot of farming on my land. and not sure what the issue was anyway, i wasnt asking for a change of zoning, i simply was wanting the varience. so any way after all of this hoop la the board votes 5-0 against the varience. the question i have is, if there is no CURRENT law or ordinance stateing that i cannot sell firearms without a varience, can they keep me, a law abiding citizen from legally operating a firarms business in my home?
what can i do in this situation?
any input would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Options
    Warpig883Warpig883 Member Posts: 6,459
    edited November -1
    I am guessing you need to get yer mitts on the zoning laws and read them yourself. There is probably a requirement for a variance. If not then start selling.

Or ask a lawyer-I hear R. Lee Ermy is qualified to answer legal questions and is going to start posting here.[:p]