In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Received notice from Fish, Wildlife and Parks.....

HobbyGuyHobbyGuy Member Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
today advising me that I was one of 50 drawn for Fall Turkey tags in Missoula County. [8D]

With 2700 applicants, I feel quite fortunate to be one of 50 to get a chance to bag a fresh Tom (or Jake, or hen for that matter).

Turkey season starts on Monday, as does Grouse. Deer and elk bow season opens next Saturday! I also received notice last week that I was drawn for a damage elk hunt in the next 2-3 weeks. Yeehaw! This is my favorite time of the year! "Freezer fillin time." [^]

Jim

Comments

• Options
    redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,687 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess I'm lucky. In MO we don't have to draw for anything and I have a HUGE(I have counted 100+ at once) flock of turkeys on my farm.
  • Options
    skeens41skeens41 Member Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    no draws in ohio either! we can go out and get two of them.
  • Options
    NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    Yeah come on over to my house you are only a few hours away.

How many Turkeys do you want? We are being over run by the pests. [:D][:D][:D]

Congrats on getting drawn though.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,259 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A September turkey season!
    Down here in Dixie the turkey seasons are in April.
  • Options
    FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HobbyGuy
    today advising me that I was one of 50 drawn for Fall Turkey tags in Missoula County. [8D]

With 2700 applicants, I feel quite fortunate to be one of 50 to get a chance to bag a fresh Tom (or Jake, or hen for that matter).

Turkey season starts on Monday, as does Grouse. Deer and elk bow season opens next Saturday! I also received notice last week that I was drawn for a damage elk hunt in the next 2-3 weeks. Yeehaw! This is my favorite time of the year! "Freezer fillin time." [^]

Jim

Been drinking again Jim? You know there's no hunting allowed in MT.

Ed
  • Options
    agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    I'm waiting for the Bison drawing. Other than that I didn't get anything so I ended up buying 2 over the counter Antelope Doe and antlerless Whitetail.

Dove shooting tomorrow.
  • Options
    Warpig883Warpig883 Member Posts: 6,459
    edited November -1
    Me and my two boys also got fall turkey tags here in SD.

Between the three of us we have:
    3 turkey tags
    8 deer tags
    2 antelope tags

It is going to be a great fall. I am looking foward to the antelope hunt the most as we will be camping out on the praire on a 15,000 acre hunk of ground. Our deer hunting spot is only 12,000 acres though[:p]
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Warpig883
    Me and my two boys also got fall turkey tags here in SD.

Between the three of us we have:
    3 turkey tags
    8 deer tags
    2 antelope tags

It is going to be a great fall. I am looking foward to the antelope hunt the most as we will be camping out on the praire on a 15,000 acre hunk of ground. Our deer hunting spot is only 12,000 acres though[:p]

Do you hang your deer-stand on a fence-post??[;)]
  • Options
    Warpig883Warpig883 Member Posts: 6,459
    edited November -1
    lol

deer stands are for sissies