In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Who got a gun for Xmas

ysacresysacres Member Posts: 294 ✭✭
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
Anybody get a gun, Not me. My son got 300 rounds of 45 lc

Comments

• Options
    Miss. CreantMiss. Creant Member Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep old Stevens .22 I wanted. Oldest son got a Savage/Stevens Favorite cut down to his length. Gonna kill some bunnies today.
  • Options
    woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    UPS showed up late yesterday afternoon, with a long package under his arm. It was my 1891 Argentine Engineers carbine. The seller stashed 50 rds of ammo in the box with it. Going to the range today. The gun was a Christmas present to myself. The ammo was a present from the seller.WOODS
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thats nice you got some ammo to go with that gun woodsrunner, my son went out shootin up his 300 rd's also, it wont last long , but he will have the ammo can it came in for a long time.
  • Options
    beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep...Got myself that early low serial number M1A that I was asking about last week. I figured that with the National Match sights and tight glass bedding I'd still have a shooter even if it wasn't one of the early Texas guns. Told my wife not to bother buying me anything else for Christmas. Now to see how it shoots at the range....tomorrow's agenda. I asked about going out today and she gave me one of those cold divorce stares.....you guys know the kind. She said, "You have your rifle, it's Christmas...and we're going to church." So much for shooting today! Beach
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Didn't get one. Got a bag of coal though.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Model 1938 Turkish Mauser. Gotta get the cosmoline out before shooting.
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    Yep. Got my dad an 1891 Argentine Long rifle and bought myself an 1871/84 Mauser.
    "...hit your enemy in the belly, and kick him when he is down, and boil his prisoners in oil- if you take any- and torture his women and children. Then people will keep clear of you..." -Admiral of the Fleet Lord Fisher, speaking at the Hague Peace Conference in 1899.
  • Options
    soopsoop Member Posts: 4,633
    edited November -1
    BadboybobYou got a whole bag of coal? I only got one lump. Some guys get all the luck.
  • Options
    Mark IIMark II Member Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got my christmas present early. A few weeks ago when I went to a gun show, my wife gave me $ and said "merry christmas" as I headed out the door. Got me a new rifle that day, so I guess I got a gun for christmas.
    "To meet with ill fortune is to meet with good fortune. To meet with submission is to meet an enemy."Mark_II@gunbroker.zzn.com
  • Options
    Richie RichRichie Rich Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yep,browning a-5 16 ga. and a marlin 883 s/s 22 mag
  • Options
    Bubba JoelBubba Joel Member Posts: 5,161
    edited November -1
    Didn't get a gun....Got money, gonna buy a gun with it....AK 47 (7.62)..8 (30rd) mags, 3,000rds of ammo, to start with.........it's a start...
    visit the texas militia org forums
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    I too bought one for myself a few weeks early. My new P12-45 Para-Ordnance in stainless steel.Merry Christmas to me.And to all of you fine folks.
    Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    axlerfanaxlerfan Member Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    got myself a blue Ruger MkII with leuopold 2x scope. Owner of the gunshop drilled/tapped it, mounted the scope free (i paid for the rings/bases) and he threw in 4 extra magazines.
  • Options
    deceedecee Member Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Going out tomorrow to pick up a Tikka .308 All Weather because they are on sale. It's impossible to be given a gun for Christmas here in Canada
  • Options
    Diesel DummyDiesel Dummy Member Posts: 193 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Used my brand new C&R License to have a Longbranch Enfield delivered on Christmas Eve. (bought it myself but my wife didn't fuss)
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Boy, I notice most buy a gun for themselves for Christmas. I am no different.Got myself a Remington 581 Left Hand .22.Thanks DANNEJ
    Happiness is a warm gun
  • Options
    guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A guy named Bubba with a AK and 3000 rounds of ammo. Sounds like a good ole shooting party to me! Hey bubba, find you an old car to shoot up, what a blast!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The rich just keep getting richer ,you got two guns for xmas~~~~~~~nice Riche
  • Options
    ed in il.ed in il. Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    gave the 22 year old son a preban mini-14 thats like new...damn if i didn't have to give him some ammo to go blastin....
  • Options
    .250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Naw, didn't get a gun, but a buddy gave me an old Lyman Spar-T press (he did a two-press deal) so's I could load up a bunch of home-brew ammo...that's near as good as a new gun...
  • Options
    dhdh Member Posts: 127 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wife bought me a New England Firearms rifle in .243.It's on order and shouild be here shortly.I asked for one and she even picked a caliber I didn't already have.I can't wait to check it out.
  • Options
    wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We are having our Christmas today and my son is up here from Huntsville, Al. I am going to give him my old (1906) model 1894 Winchester short rifle in 32 special. I figure if he wants to chase those Alabama deer that old gun will look better going through those timbers than his sks or ak. His wife also gave him money for a Ruger mark 11 stainless target pistol. We shot it and a bunch of others yesterday. Nice.Tin cans are not safe here!!
    " Everyone is ignorant, only on different subjects" Will Rogers
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    cpilericpileri Member Posts: 447 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Colt Sistema 45 ACP.Haven't shot it yet.
  • Options
    OtomanOtoman Member Posts: 554
    edited November -1
    Hey dh you need to ask your wife to call mine and explain to her how important it is for us guys to get guns. We have a boycot going on at our house right now, mine said no more! even wants me to sell some. AUGH. The closest that I came was two Spyderco Knives bought them on e-bay with the money I rec. from my mother-in-law and sister-in-law.There is only (2) guns left for me to buy and then I am not going to buy anymore. A Bulgarian AK and a Browning Practical Hi-Power..
    KIMBER: Pistol du jour
  • Options
    GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sort of! Ordered myself a new Springfield M1A. Kind of my xmas present to myself.
  • Options
    WWllVetWWllVet Member Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A 1912 Luger in .30 Luger, a first issue of the Ruger .44 Mag. semi-auto carbine (tube magazine, not detachable) and a Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 Mag. MaMa love me.Vet
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And, I am picking up a nice old model 10 Smith next week.
  • Options
    bikrprchrbikrprchr Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, merry Christmas to me. Found a clean used HK USP 45 with 2 mags. I will pick it up after the 1st of the year. Then we will see how it compares with my other 45'sHope everyone had a Merry Christmas, and wishing all a Blessed New Year.
    1 Cross + 3 Nails= 4given
  • Options
    dhdh Member Posts: 127 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Otoman,she asked and I told her.My explanation is "guns are a tool for gathering food".She says if that was true we would starve.I said if that were true you wouldnt look like you do.UH OH.Also got a new black duster.My advice,buy your wife a pair of them 100 dollar diamond ear rings and wait a month or so and then pop the new gun question.I usually get mine into the safe without my wife seeing them.
  • Options
    BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    No new guns for Bullzeye, just 240 rounds each of 7.62x39R and .308, for my SKS and Remington 700, respectively.Some pumpkins are gonna feel my wrath today.
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got a caulking gun, nail gun, and a staple gun....guess that's a hint things need fixed up around the house a little....
  • Options
    Gordian BladeGordian Blade Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rembrandt, I know where you're coming from. I needed time this Christmas, not another gun. Spent today with a paintbrush in my hand instead of visiting the range with the one I'm still sighting in.
  • Options
    anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got a Christmas card showing a snow man receiving two lumps of coal. Open it up, and he's all happy - I can see!I gave my boys a couple bricks of .22 ammo. Now we need to get out to the range for some fun.
    Ken
  • Options
    Trader DaveTrader Dave Member Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WOW - I got a gun and never saw it coming.One week before Christmas I was in a Pawn shop on the North side of town. I saw an old (large and gaudy) ring with rubies and diamonds. The clerk said it was from some Estate sale last week. I confirmed with the clerk that it was real gold and she sold it to me for $25. Since I have a sharp eye for jewelry I immediately took the ring to my jeweler/pawnshop friend. He confirmed it was not only 14K but even higher at 18K. He said it was a nice old handcrafted piece. He then pulled out this Beretta Tomcat and offered to traded even. I was speechless. My brain said ask for boot but my heart said "Do It". I did it. He told me not to tell him what I had in it so I was glad not to spill the beans. My Christmas gun WOW what a deal.
  • Options
    smooth_operatorsmooth_operator Member Posts: 227 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hmmm.....this shouldnt be hard. Christmas started as soon as I moved out of the CA republic and into Nevada. Bought an Anschutz single shot 22, Benelli M1 super90, and traded a MAADI AK +$120 for an Officers 9 last weekend on a show.... Not a bad Christmas here in NV.-Smooth
    Life is the leading cause of death.Everything else is just a contributing factor.