In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Select- Fire

OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2013 in General Discussion
I found a 1970 super bee that needs a major restoration on C List, South Jersey page.. He want 5 grand for it. Could you take a look at it or me and tell me what you think??? I want to get it for my self and restore it.Is it worth 5 large in that condition??? Oakie

Comments

• Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just want to apologize for my comment on your thread yesterday. I was not trying to upset you are make lite of the matter, but rather lighten your mood.My comment came out all wrong and when I reread my post, I thought, what an ahole I was. My sincere apologies to you sir. I hope they catch the buzzards and if there is anyway I can help you out, let me know. I have always considered you a really nice person on here and hopefully I didn't offend you to bad.Please except my opology again. Oakie
  • Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw that one too.

http://philadelphia.{elsewhere}.org/cto/3492526902.html

That is the base model---383"

Not worth as much as the 440 or heaven help you if you find one with a hemi.

Not worth over $2000 in that condition.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    it is in NC about 220 mile from the house. Needs floorpans, probably a truck pan and rocker panals. I would defineatly check the VIN to make sure it is a superbee. Looks like a project. Offer the guy 3K and tell him the expenses to go get it. You need more pics of the dash, trunk, REAR window area. Make sure he has a good title up to date..
  • Options
    nards444nards444 Member Posts: 3,994 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    unless it was something really special say one of them cudas or one of those special stangs I would say no more than 2-2500. That care even to do on your own probably talking close to 15-20k. I hate when people do those cheap jobs on these things.
  • Options
    35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Back about 12 years ago, I spotted a '70 Super Bee up in Hamilton. Drove past it at least once a week. Drooled every time I saw it. Original Hemi orange paint, white vinyl top, and wheels, with 6-pack 383 under the hood. Absolutely beautiful condition for it's age, with under 100,000 original miles. All it really needed were seat covers and a new set of tires.

I stopped at the house it was parked in front of at least once a week too. "Nope, not for sale" was the standard reply from the owner. I even gave them my phone number, if they ever decided to sell.

About five years ago, I hear through the grapevine that they finally sold it. Right out from under me. What did it sell for, you might ask? $10,000? $20,000?

Nope.

$3,500, with a clear title. Freakin' deal of the century.[}:)][:0][V]

Edit....it looked just like this one:
    Orange-Dodge--3549.jpg
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Options
    guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Says is got the orig motor and tranny in it, so it's a numbers matching car. I would check those numbers to be sure. Looking at the interior, no chance that build sheet has survived. Check the fender tag. Decode it before you buy. 5 grand, no, but close if it is what he claims it is.
  • Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That car needs EVERYTHING...the hood is a N-96 option but doesnt look original to the car...if ya buy it and dont do it right, the MOPAR snobs will make ya regret even trying...[V]
  • Options
    guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Restore it and then bring it around so I can blow it's doors off with my 67! [;)][;)][;)]

themopargodshavesmiledonus.jpg