In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

MARK C. WHADDA LOOKING AT?????

tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
edited August 2003 in General Discussion
(he he) Hi Mark. You just had to come and look didn't you. I actually consider you one "of us" rather than "one of them", plus you "fight" fair and have some sense of humor. So this post is not to anger you or argue. Merely discuss. It appears to me, maybe I'm wrong, you seem to have an extremly strong trust in your government to, as long as you are fair and honest, for your govt. to treat you the same way. If that is true, please give me your opinion (and anyone else can give their's also).

This is only one such situation I know is absoutely true. It is illegal to sell marijuania in KS. But IF you decide to sell it, you are required by state law to buy a "tax stamp" from the state. But even after and if you buy such a stamp, it is STILL ILLEGAL TO SELL MARIJUIANA IN KS. So even if you possess such a tax stamp, if you are caught selling marijuana in KS you are going to prison for a few years for a felony. Now if you are caught selling marijuana in KS WITHOUT the tax stamp, you will be charged with the felony of selling marijuana PLUS you will be charged with not having a tax stamp. Now I am not sure about the rest of this, but I believe not having the tax stamp is a felony also (I should probably check). But if that is true, then you can be charged with two felonies at once for only one transaction. If true this gives you two of the three strikes and you go to prison for life. I do not use or sell illegal drugs, in fact my job requires me to have a drug test and background check every so often. But doesn't this tax stamp thing sound at least a LITTLE unreasonable to you? Kind of like a bank robber getting caught for robbing a bank and admitting yeah, I did it and am willing to take the penalty. And then the police saying, well you didn't have a "Bank Robbing Stamp" so that is another felony we will charge you with.

When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions.

Comments

• Options
    bolthandlebolthandle Member Posts: 1,213 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    tr fox: I have always LOL at this tax, that our great state has.

Seems if they catch you selling drugs and you dont have this tax stamp, they confiscate everything you own and if you have it, they just arrest you and leave your home and other stuff alone.

Makes one want to go out and obtain one doesnt it.[:0][:D] That way law enforcement knows who to watch, as to who is selling drugs.[:o)]

I bet other states have the samething, only in a different form.

Bolt

PEACE THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER
  • Options
    longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    Not that I know of here........
  • Options
    hawkeye6020hawkeye6020 Member Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the tax stamp in ks has only been around for 10-12 years, there was a guy in my county that was the first to buy one to add to his stamp collection his house was searched the next day.

Mike
  • Options
    boeboeboeboe Member Posts: 3,331
    edited November -1
    Yeh, I have wanted to buy them as collector's items as well, not because I sell any drugs, just because I think they are collectable. I have wondered how that would work. I wonder, could I buy them and then turn around and sell them on ebay without being hassled?

To err is human, to moo is bovine.
  • Options
    Smokeeater 38Smokeeater 38 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    How much do they cost?

Get the job done and come home safe guys.

I rush in where others flee.
  • Options
    guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nebraska has a drug tax stamp also. I wondered what would happen if a guy just walked in and bought one!

got guns?