In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sara Brady's new challange

guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭
edited November 2001 in General Discussion
Now the old bag has lung cancer. Say, will she insist on a three day waiting period for a pack of smokes? I can see it know, A background check before you but any at a tabacoo show! Hey, these things can kill people, don't you get it!

Comments

• Options
    robsgunsrobsguns Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You know I dont wish cancer on people, but this is poetic justice. This woman spends 20 years screwing with my rights, smoking her cigarettes, addicted to the nicotine, and cant stop. Now she gets cancer and is dying because she spent more time worrying about me, a Marine, because I own guns, than she did worrying about something that kills more Americans every year than gun deaths probably do, her own cigarettes. She is addicted so badly that she cant stop even as she is undergoing treatment for cancer, thats awesome isnt it? She is so stupid that she cant see how much more dangerous smoking is than guns, but she is going to go right on thinking that she should be speaking out against guns and people that own them, instead of cigarettes and the companys that make them. She is getting what she deserves. Oh, and I dont believe in taking away anyones right to smoke, even though I dont agree with it. I smoked, I learned, I quit, end of story.
    SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC
  • Options
    ghotie_thumperghotie_thumper Member Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Apparently she jumped on the wrong bandwagon. Oh well. Just hope she isn't made into a martyr for their (anti gun) cause.
  • Options
    beantolebeantole Member Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't like Sarah Brady at all and I think she is a hypocrite for smoking but trying to ban guns. But I don't think she is evil either
    I think she is just ignorant and acting because she really believes thatoutlawing guns will reduce or stop crime.
    Bruce
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    I stand 180 degrees from Mrs. Brady and her beliefs. She has in many ways made hardship in other peoples lifes. I believe she is responcible for many of the Mom and Pop gun shops going out of business in recent years. I think she forces her will on others and doesn't understand the importance of the second ammendment.That being said, I have seen family die with cancer and I would not wish that on anyone. It is slow and painful. I hope she has made her peace with God, because there are many people here who will not be sad to see her go.
    Save, research, then buy the best.Join the NRA, NOW!Teach them young, teach them safe, teach them forever, but most of all, teach them to VOTE!
  • Options
    spec.4spec.4 Member Posts: 897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey guys, I feel a lawsuit coming on!!!!!!!!Just my two cent worth.spec.4
    Don't fear the night, fear what hunt at night. ME!!
  • Options
    GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can already see it now. When she dies the liberal evening news will proclaim her a pioneer of the movement to make america a safer place! Yeah, right!
  • Options
    BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    Sounds perfect to me.Since your spouse getting shot makes you an automatic national expert on guns and gun "control", why shouldnt contracting lung cancer make you a world renowned expert on tobacco?They'll have her on Hardball and Meet the Press within a week.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just after I posted the topic came up on MSNBC and I have to admit I was a little surprised. It pretty much focused on her cancer and addiction to cigs. They didn't really focus much on gun control except how the stress of what occurred caused her to go back to smoking heavily.
  • Options
    twinstwins Member Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stress caused her to smoke...COP OUT
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Yup, the stress of her old man (a.k.a. Mr. PotatoHead) getting shot caused her to smoke.Hey! That's what she said.So you see, those evil guns and gun owners are even responsible for her lung cancer.The bastards!
    Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    thebutcherthebutcher Member Posts: 374 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What makes this country unique is that we tend to listen to people with no credentials speak out on things. For example, Rosie O'Donnell, whose resume ends at "bad actress" has millions of middle-aged fat women taking her words as fact and her opinions as truth. If you don't believe me, look at how we cover elections. You will see people in restaurants, truck stops, and on the street talk about their "gut feelings" and who they want in their living rooms. Typically, if the people like or feel sorry for someone, they achieve instatnt expert status.~The definition of an expert:"X" is an unkown quantity and a "spurt" is a drip under pressure.
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    I've got a gun I can send her for when the pain becomes unberable.
  • Options
    njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    I work as hard as anyone on this board for pro-gun causes, I always have and will until the good Lord takes me.I have no use for Sarah Brady and her campaign against firearms. I feel very badly that her husband was turned into a vegtable by a lunic with a gun. I feel she is mis-informed and mis-guided on the issue of gun-control.Now, let me make my point, let no one on this board wish cancer (or any serious illness) on anyone. It has reared it's ugly head in my family taking my mother, my wife and even my dog. After the death of my wife, ten years ago, I re-married last year. We have now learned that that my new wife has cancer. I'm not suggesting that anyone here is in favor of someone dying with the disease, after all, "both for the Grace of God."-Charlie
    It's the stuff dreams are made of AngelMember: NRA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2AMPD and the AARP. njretcop@copmail.com
  • Options
    thebutcherthebutcher Member Posts: 374 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No one wishes cancer on her. But just because she is suffering doesn't mean she isn't a hypocrite. I don't want her to be in pain, but I will say that she should have spent her energies on her own addiction rather than on squelching my rights."Don't be so concerned with the speck in your neighbor's eye that you miss the beam in your own..."
    The definition of an "expert":An "X" is an unknown quantity and a "spurt" is a drip under pressure.
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ok....the bit-- is dying. We all are!!! She'll probably linger on for years, spewing out her hatred and ignorance. The only problem with that is, now she's gonna' be a martyr.Trust me, she's gonna' play this to the hilt. Poor, poor pitiful me. I can hear it now: "Please Congress, Give me a Sarah Brady Memorial gun prohibition bill so I can die in peace." And the bastids will probably do it.If she dies before she can get it done, we all know who will carry on for her. Yeah! Chuckie, Diane, Hillary, Teddy, et al.Make it soon, Sarah! Make it soon!Mudge the vindictive
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS![This message has been edited by mudge (edited 11-28-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Personally I agree, she could try to push for some type of bill or restriction as a 'sympathy' for all her unacheived dreams. But I also think that her passing will be a serious blow to HCI, or what ever it's name is this week. The anti-gun movement needs a figure-head much more than the NRA does. They stay alive by publicity and hype and only someone who has experienced a 'tragedy' involving guns can fill that spot. Granted, there are others like Congresswoman McArthy (sp?) from, is it New York? But Brady's experience is probably the only one we still see from time to time in news footage considering it happened well over 10 years ago.
  • Options
    j2k22j2k22 Member Posts: 329 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm with Mudge on this one; the sooner that we are rid of the *, the better.While Charlie is right to say that you wouldn't want to wish cancer on anyone, still it is good to know that Sara is leaving the stage.
  • Options
    usmc2498215usmc2498215 Member Posts: 82 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, I suggest we let her go silently into the night, with not much fanfare. Soon as we hail this as some type of vindication or victory, you will have another anti-gun wacko wanting to pick up the torch, and you can bet they are all ready primed. Keep the faith, and channel those energies towards a stronger 2nd Amendment.
  • Options
    guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is it true that Jim Brady had the largest full auto collection in the US?