In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cabella's

robsgunsrobsguns Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
Check out your new Cabella's Shooting catalog when you get it. I was surprised to see they now carry new walnut stocks for the Garand, as well as carrying cases like the original, and a few other related items to WWII, carrying cases and bayonets. I hope it will be a trend for them, to branch out in this direction some more. I think Leupold has a hit on their hands with the new VX series of scopes too, I see it has the Lifetime warranty, in the Cabella's catalog, not bad for a scope with a starting price of 179.00. I'm getting itchy to buy. Funny, I just noticed that Leupold has effectively undercut Burris, they dont offer anything in a 2-7x for what Leupold does now, someone has been doing some homework. I've heard from a lot of 'experts' that a 4 or 6 power scope is actually the best choice, and that is the power range the 2-7x falls close to, Leupold did good marketing this new VX-I. Well... back to the catalog, thought I'd share these thoughts with you guys.
SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Have a store Opening here in Springfield Oregon. But wonder if they can make it where they located. The mall is dieing, Cabella's may save it but I don't know. Everytime I go in a new store has closed its doors.

Right now 1 in 4 is closed and they have about 40 stores.

Even the Theaters are lowering their prices to draw in customers.
  • Options
    jdb123jdb123 Member Posts: 471 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks for the heads ups robs, i guess i need to order something from them again so i can get another catalog.
  • Options
    SXSMANSXSMAN Member Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think you can order a catalog online at www.cabelas.com
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,977 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can even order on line at that address. I use a Cabela's Visa card which kicks back a 1% crdit on all purchases and double for Cabels's purchases (gift certs rack up 4%, so guess how I do all my shopping!). Not a lot I admit, but I am patient. I have racked up nearly $300 in credit in less than three years. I figure they will give me a rifle or a pair of very high end fly rods if I am patient enough.
  • Options
    njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Hey Rob, I didn't get mine. Do me a favor, read yours carefully (no coffee stains, etc) and send it to me when you're finished, lol.-Charlie
    It's the stuff dreams are made of AngelNRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • Options
    FitzFitz Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It IS good, but don't expect to find anything along those lines on their website though. On the other hand, I have seen so many complaints about mags for the Mini-14 not working. I picked up a bunch for mine from Cabela's last year and they work fine.Fitz
  • Options
    edited November -1
    njretcop, Oh sure, that would be right up there with me sending you my reloading manuals after I've read them one time. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!! However, I will have them mail you one, if you like, or you can call and they will send you one for free. If anyone needs a Cabella's catalog, call this number and ask them for a catalog, tell them you want either the Shooting, Hunting, Fishing, etc. they'll be happy to send one for free. 1-800-237-4444 If it doesnt arrive in 2 weeks call them back and harass them, they'll apologize and get one out to you, although its not usually something you will have to do.
    SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC