In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

GB auction:Item #3617284

robsgunsrobsguns Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
Check this out. Isnt this a 1903 Springfield barrel, not an Eddystone? From looking at the cutouts for the front sight, this is a 1903 barrel, ISNT it?
http://www.forthehunt.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=3617284
SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC

Edited by - robsguns on 04/15/2002 21:22:35

Comments

• Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    SaxonPig,
    I perty sure everyone including the BATF measures the barrel from the breach face, not the forward end of the chamber ... correct me if I'm wrong guys ...

=================================
    Sometimes the most obvious, is the most elusive!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    robsgunsrobsguns Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Andy,
    I am pretty sure it is a springfield, but I always have room for error. I have a Mark I 03, and this is not the right barrel for it, otherwise I'd probably bid on it, just because. I have an eddystone also, but the 26" threw me, cause my 03 isnt 26" no matter how you measure it, and my eddystone is, the way I measure it. I researched the sights in the front, and that is the only way I could determine with any certainty that it was in fact a springfield, but again, I could me wrong. Let me know what you decide it is, just so I know.

kimberkid, saxon,
    I always measure from the breach face, but thats just me. Its the only way I can get the barrels to measure the correct length as the manufacturer states it to be.

SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC