In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Admin..... icons disappearing

robsgunsrobsguns Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
The icons for deleting your reply, and editing your reply seem to be disappearing from our posts, what gives?? I see an edit button for this post, but not others. When I look at all the threads, this thread is the only one with an edit button. I even have an edit button in another thread, on my post, but no one else does in their post, what is up with this?

I get it, only threads which you start, or posts you have made have the edit and trash icons, oh, ok, duh.

SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC

Edited by - robsguns on 04/12/2002 11:31:28

Edited by - robsguns on 04/12/2002 11:33:46

Comments

• Options
    gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    robsguns: I must be blind because I can't see anyplace to edit , even on a post that I started
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry buddy, I have them, cant see anyone elses, but I have one on my posts. Mine are right up by the time in the post.

• Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe its only for advanced members?

Sometimes the most obvious, IS the most elusive!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    robsguns: I have 2 icons up next to the time 1 takes me to user profile and the other to reply with quote , can't see any delete icon
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You need to be sure your browser is accepting "cookies" (usually you'll find the option to "accept" or "reject" cookies under the "Preferences" settings; PLUS you need to be "logged in" before the edit and other options will appear at the top of your post. (Upper right hand corner, is the "login" option.)

When you're logged in, the edit and delete options only show on your posts, not anyone elses.

There might be differences, depending on what browser and version you're using.

Also, it appears that you cannot delete your post completely if you've started it; you can only delete your post completely if it is a reply on a thread. With the old software, you could "poof" a whole thread if you started it; that appears to no longer be an option.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    competentone: Thanks I wasn't logging in thats what the problem was after I logged in up at the top then the other 3 icons showed up
  • Options
    edited November -1
    But....a member such as myself just never logs out.