In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Whiteclouder and Bullzeye

robsgunsrobsguns Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭
edited January 2002 in General Discussion
I took a look at Bullzeye's homepage as suggested by Whiteclouder. I must say our young man has truly achieved the seemingly impossible, but it doesnt surprise me all that much. I took Bullzeye's words at face value, that he had been brought up with religion and taught by his parents the important things in life. Obviously, after takeing one look at his home page, he...... I'm done, I am done. Bullzeye, your home page disgusts me, it should not be linked in any way shape or form, or accessible from this site. You are a disgrace to my beliefs and to the respect of others that was bestowed upon you on this site, due to your misleading words. You are not the young man portrayed by your TALK if you continue to ACT irresponsible and leave the link to your homepage on your Bio. My personal opinions are just that, my personal opinions, but I do not think anyone on this site cares to see that type of crap associated with this site in any way shape or form. If anyone here feels like flaming my judgement of Bullzeye, do so, however, you should check out his homepage prior to doing so. Admin. take care of this problem, please.Nunn, am I out of line? If so, lock this thread and I will delete it.
SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC

Comments

• Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    HEHEHEHEHE! You go Clouder!!
    Happiness is a warm gun
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    robsguns:You took his words at face value and you should. We are here what we present. He just made the mistake of inconsistency. That means he is a liar no matter how you dice the words later, which he will, I guarantee, or he will simply disappear, the better of the two outcomes. There are too many good guys here to worry about the occasional garden slug that slimes a shiny path across the screen. A damp cloth, and it is history.Clouder..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    To display your interests, in most cases, to just get noticed in a lot of them. I'd say our youngn' wants to get noticed by his fellow high school students.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    whiteclouder, I've heard there is a silver lining in every cloud, yours is shining pretty brightly right now, isnt it?
  • Options
    7mm_ultra_mag_is_king7mm_ultra_mag_is_king Member Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know what to say. I'm dumbfounded. That was truly a slap in the face. Did he think none of us would see it?
    when all else fails........................
  • Options
    edited November -1
    7MMLiars by their nature expect and believe the rest of us to be fairly stupid.Clouder..
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...live and learn, sure surprised me.......Let us not love with word or tongue, but in deed and truth....I John 3:18 [This message has been edited by Rembrandt (edited 01-01-2002).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Rembrandt, My take on that is, Bullzeye's deed, putting up his filth., accessible from our forum, outweighs everything he has said and talked about on here, you gotta break it down Barney style for me sometimes, is that what you mean?
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Robsguns...another way of saying it...is your deeds speak louder than your words...He is certainly entitled to his opinions, much like the rest of us...but the old saying goes..."If your gonna talk the talk, you should be walking the walk". [This message has been edited by Rembrandt (edited 01-01-2002).]
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually the "donkey fun" is pretty cute!You folks do know the password security is minimal with these forums?It would be fairly easy for any member to get hacked.
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will not cast the first stone. I sewed some wild oats for a couple of years after leaving home and I paid for that long ago with the loss of the respect of a few people on this planet. It mostly involved chasing women and living fast but still drug-free. Got it all out of my system by 21. Here I am five years later with the respect of my peers and only a few disgruntled women to show for it. I'm sure they've forgotten who I am by now anyway. I believe that he can speak on his own behalf. I'd like to hear it.
  • Options
    5db5db Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Guys, I caution against being too quick to judge Bullzeye from this homepage thing. robsguns has rightfully called him to task, lets give him a chance to respond.
    If you have one shot...Accu-Shot Website
  • Options
    YankeeClipperYankeeClipper Member Posts: 669 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    robsguns-I'm not sure about the groceries web. I know other Marines that go to that sight. What is the attrection? Been there, see no reason to go back.
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    I looked at it. What's the big deal? Maybe I'm not enough of a prude to understand the uproar.
    Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Lowrider:It's not about his home page, that's his business. It's not about what he thinks or believes, that's his business. It's about integrity. He has none and that makes him useless, worse than nothing, an impediment, untrustworthy.Clouder..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Lowrider, The prolbem I have with it is pretty simple. I do not want anyone who does not approve of that type of home page, a graphic and written description of what one of our members finds acceptable, to see that in one of our members bio. I have enough problems, as do other gun owners, defending my right to bear arms, without having to defend my ethics, as well as defending my moral character. The link to his homepage, if found offensive to people, should be omitted from his bio, to prevent the anti-gunners from having more fuel to throw on the fire in their attack against us and other people like us. As it is clearly offensive to some it is most definitely not a good idea for it to be seen by people interested in slandering gun owners and their character. That is my opinion on his home page, and its appearance in his bio. As far as Bullzeye and his contributions to this forum, I did not have a problem with his contributions, nor do I have a problem with him as a person.The fact that he seemed to fit our perfect idea of an 18 yr. old man who was brought up right, and some are disappointed with his choice of what is in his home page hasnt escaped me. I also know that it has become an issue of his perporting to be one thing but indeed having tastes that seem to go in direct contrast to how he conducts himself, as if he is an imposter. I am not hear to judge him as a person, and dont really care to get into that topic which has nothing to do with his home page. He is and was a model contributor to this forum, period. I just dont want the bad rap coming our way that may result from someone seeing his home page.My original post on his home page disgusting me, was in error, IT does not disgust me, nor does BULLZEYE himself, it is his choice to put this link here on this site that disgusts me, as it is poor judgement. I readily admit when I am wrong, and to be as harsh as I was of his home page was hypocritical, it is not the home page, it is its placement here in his Bio. Thats the problem.
    SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC[This message has been edited by robsguns (edited 01-01-2002).]
  • Options
    Gordian BladeGordian Blade Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wondered before whether Bullzeye was really the age he said he was. Now I know.We have problems from time to time at the university where I teach with students (usually male) using inappropriate wallpaper on their laptop computers. They use the computers in class for various activities, and so the other people in class can easily see each other's wallpaper. What I tell them is that they should limit their wallpaper to things they wouldn't be ashamed to show their grandmothers. To answer the question of don't they have the right to whatever wallpaper they want, I reply that I don't care what they use for wallpaper in their dorm rooms, but in my class I make the rules.Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Bullzeye followed the "grandmother" rule with his homepage. It was a real disappointment. Bullzeye, if you read this, remember that your homepage is the image you project to the world. You were arguing in another thread that 18 year olds should be able to apply for pistol permits in NY. You need to show us the maturity to back that up. [And if someone hacked your ID on this forum and put in a bogus homepage, let us know by all means and point us to your real one.]
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    OK, Clouder and Robsguns. I DO see your point.
    Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    Where has my last response gone to? Deleted? I certainly hope not.Please gentlemen, I beg you to forstall your anger until you read my final post on the subject. It is not what it seems. I have destroyed my association with the page and paid a price for it.
  • Options
    ladrladr Member Posts: 263 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does he post in a trollish manner?Does he convey a mature outlook here?Slam other posters for no reason?Appear willing to learn??If you have a no, a yes, a no and a yes, find something else to worry about.
    NO GUTS, NO GLORY
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ladr:He has been a model poster, I've never said any different. And I don't care about his web site, or anything else personal about him, he lives with that stuff, not me. Duplicity, different story. He's welcome to post here, as if it were my call, right. Only difference is, I will look askance at everything he writes, if I read it at all.I think it was Goethe who said "The contempt of good reputation is called impudence." Our Mr Bullzeye is impudent.Clouder..
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    HANG EM HIGH!!!(LOL)
    Happiness is a warm gun
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,018 ******
    edited November -1
    The young man has been punished, and he has apologized. I did not see the page, and from the sound of things, I did not miss much.Guys, the kid is 18 years old. He is supposed to do stupid things once in a while. I did, and you did, and we learned and matured from some of our foolish choices.Since none of the offensive material showed up here, it is not our problem.Forgive and forget.
    Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the premier gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!
  • Options
    BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    Thank you nunn.For my final word on the subject, please see my post "To put the issue to bed".
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I dont believe this topic needs to be in the archives, it will be deleted after 1800 tonight.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I dont believe this topic needs to be in the archives, it will be deleted after 1800 tonight.
  • Options
    Gene B.Gene B. Member Posts: 892 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK..........Ive been gone for a while, whats the "BAD THING" on bulleyes page?[This message has been edited by Gene B. (edited 01-02-2002).]
  • Options
    ladrladr Member Posts: 263 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whoa here!!! Stop the presses!!!!Why in the world are you going to delete this post??Are you the self appointed censor of all these peoples words??
    NO GUTS, NO GLORY
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Uh, didnt mean to step on anyones toes, just thought that we had all said everything we had to say about the issue and that it should be put to bed permanently, but if not, just say so and I'll leave it, I started it, and that doesnt give me any right, I just thought it was the 'right thing to do', since this wouldnt really be info. that anyone would need to reference in the future. Let me know if you want me to leave it, ok?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ryan:I don't like book burning in any form.Leave it alone, it's part of what this forum is.Clouder..
  • Options
    Judge DreadJudge Dread Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I see freedom of speech must be maintained at all cost, as long it stands to FCC quality standars (All words in Webster "bible" are good to print ) and no fornicarious mentaly handicaped guy or entity has the rights take thoose freedoms from anyone ,Even if right in it's opinion. You dont Like it ... don't read it .... You dont like GUNS don't use them BUT RESPECT THE RIGHTS OF THOOSE THAT LIKE "IT" & "THEM"
    Ignis Natura Renovatur Integram
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Dread, Are you talking in your sleep again? You have a wierd way of saying things bud, and also inconclusive, its kind of like you got side tracked. Are you trying to write a thesis, or communicate with a jarhead? Think about it! As far as I know, you just implied I was mentally handicapped. Jarhead may be used to describe Marines, but it doesnt mean I cant understand a simple yes or no to a question.
  • Options
    .250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh, sure, Mr. "the-family-I-hurt-forgave-me" dano would let him off, even if he was a "three-time convicted felon"! Snort!
  • Options
    Judge DreadJudge Dread Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    robsguns ...Do you feel as a copulating mentaly handicaped person ? ? What does make you think I was refering to you ????? AAAAhhhh! I know.... you want to be "Inquisitor" robsguns, sensor to for the guns forum and grand overlord of atlantis.. No word can be writen without your holliness aproval.....
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    I understood every word of that...and it was pretty cool too,Dread! beemanofalcatraz
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Judge D., Nah, I'm all done with the goofing around with the personality issues, I'll just be helping out with any topics I can be of help on now, I was just bored and thought I could stir a while. Let me know if you want some help stirring some time down the road a ways, I have some other stuff to do now, for a little while at least. Thanks for the fun Judge.