In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How did you meet your significat other?

WagionWagion Member Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
ME to smart to get married[:D]

If force ain't work'n... Your not use'n nough of it.
I know the spelling is bad but guess what I DON'T CARE

Comments

• bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Simply put, I sold her a car...

If you REALLY want to read more 'bout it, the whole story (along with pics of us) here: http://bambihunter.myftp.org/ (the story is under "about us", pics are under "photographs" - duh!)
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
    edited November -1
    Made a date with her sister! Sister stood me up and sent my wife to tell me so I took her out instead. Dang glad of it too because her sister has already gone through 3 husbands. Also my wife is much better looking!

"we are but men... no more, no less..."
  • punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    Accepted charges on an obsene phone call

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
  • familyguyfamilyguy Member Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Met her at work. She was personal friends with a gal in my department, started talking, started dating,.....

Got a new gun for my ex-wife.....pretty good trade, huh?
  • soopsoop Member Posts: 4,633
    edited November -1
    Met her in a bar.I was drunk at the time.When I sobered up she still looked good so I hung on to her.
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Met her at Jack-In-The-Box where she worked in the summer when she wasn't teaching. Had lunch there every day.
  • alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    Sorry! I try not to remember these things[:(][:(][:(][:(]

Gun_smokes.gif

Swanton.gif
  • crims40crims40 Member Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Her dad shot me while pheasant hunting. I didn't know him at the time and we were hunting the same alfalfa field. A bird got up between us and he blasted away. I turned away, but got 4 #6 shot in my back and one in my temple. He took me home and there she stood. It was love at first sight because she owned a Winchester Model 50 in 20GA and I always wanted one.....[:D][;)]
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,877 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    I lived in an apartment at the time. She moved in next door.[:p]

Aberdeen.gif
    81st FA BN WWII...Thanks Dad
    U!S!A! ALL THE WAY!!
  • BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
    edited November -1
    She was standin in front of the church - in a blue dress. I was riding with my Uncle/Aunt/Cousin and I told my Cousin "There she is". He just laughed at me.
    I caught her in the parking lot on the way out and told her she had BEEEUUUTIFULL eyes. She just kinda smiled and my heart jumped.
    Our first date - I fell asleep on the bus - missed my stop (working nights and going to school days) - 1 hour late and she was still there!!!!!!!! That was 21 years ago. Funny the things you remember!!![:D]

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY RIGHTS - GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY (this includes politicians)
  • bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We were both welding on the same boat.
    built a lot of em together since then.
    [^][^]barto

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.-JFK
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Her Uncle was the Fire Chief in one of the towns I work in.He had ask for some flares for the FD.I took them to him and after getting several flares out of my trunk he was asking about my AR-15 and the trunk organizer.I was talking to him and here came his wife and my wife in another vehicle.I was a rookie fresh from the crop,but I talked to her and found out she was from Florida and finally got the nerve to ask her out and it all went great from there.We dated for 5yrs then we got Married.

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    First saw Mrs. Mudge leaving the H-D shop in Winchester, VA. Could tell from a distance, even with her helmet on, that she was a beauty. Next time I saw her was at a bike swap meet in Frederick, MD. She flirted with me like the brazen hussy she is. Next time was at the Hunt's Cycle in Gore, VA. I was sitting there eating a steak & cheese and she came in. So I start some small talk trying to be swayve and deboner. Little did I know I had a big glob of mayo on my cheek.
    She was classy enough not to point it out. We were going outside to look at the new paint job on her bike when the owners wife called me aside and told me about the mayo on my face.
    Damn that was embarassing. Figured I was toast.
    Not so.
    Next meeting was on a H.O.G. ride with about 50 other bikes. Had to navigate a small hill on the way up to the picnic site and she had to stop on the hill. It was raining and the road was a little slippery.
    (Oh...by the way...Mrs. Mudge can only get 1 foot and the other toe on the ground when she stops.) Anyway...her toe slides on the wet road and she just gently lays the bike down and she goes tumbling down a small hill. Well...six of us immediately jump off our bikes to help. 5 of the guys run over to pick up her bike. I ran over to pick her up. (I'm not stoopid.) Anyway, I guess she figured I was a "keeper".
    Asked her out to dinner during Apple Blossom Festival in Winchester.
    Went exceedingly well. She held my hand and on the way back to her house she got us lost, (Did I say she was a brazen hussy?)so we stopped and smooched awhile.
    That was May 2, 1997.
    We were married August 1, 1997 and it was the best thing that ever happened to me and I was 63 at the time. Yes, she's quite a bit younger than I am. But when ya' got it...ya' got it.

Mudge the casanova

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!<BR>
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    An old girlfriend at Ball State Univerisity introduced me to her in the dormrooms. I was fixin' to dump the girlfriend cause she was wanting to get married too fast. Ms. Fire came over and I sit her on my lap. I told her it was my birthday and she gave me a small kiss. Girlfriend about lost it !! We went downstairs to say goodbye's and I ask her if she would like to go out on a date sometime. I got her phone number and called her the next night. I will never forget that night meeting her .. It was my 19th birthday and we got married 2 years later. Still married 27 years later.
  • bsallybsally Member Posts: 3,165
    edited November -1
    I had a motorcycle at the time. Chick-magnets![:D] She is the one's name I can remember. I still do!

SALLY
    Committee member-Ducks Unlimited
  • bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the way it use to be in the old days and the way it should still be.....we were formerly introduced by friends, that knew us both, and they had us to their home one evening for dinner. love at first bite.

former air operations officer SEAL Delivery Vehicle Team 2. former navy skeet team, navy rifle/pistol team member. co-owner skeetmaster tubes inc.. owner/operator professional shooting instruction.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • elect1mikeelect1mike Member Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was going with a girl who I wanted to dump. She was going with a guy who abused her. We went out with each other thinking that we could break up later after getting rid of the people we were going with. After the first date we came clean with why we were going out but it turns out we fell in love SOOOOOOO As of Feb. the 14th it will be 25 years we have been married.

col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    I am a man but I can change if I have to,I guess.
  • rogue_robrogue_rob Member Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nice story Mudge.
  • rogue_robrogue_rob Member Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nice story Mudge.
  • CWatsonCWatson Member Posts: 964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I moved to Los Angeles by accident,I was staying with my brothers for a month to visit.The resturant I worked at was closed for a month to be remodeled so I was catching up with the siblines.One of my brothers worked at a resturant also and one day all the kitchen help quit so he asked me to go to work and help him till more help was hired.

All the waitresses were very good looking and of looser morals than the girls from around my home,so I stayed for a couple extra months and dated a few of them.My old job tracked me down and asked if I was comming back so I went to the manager and told her I would be leaving since the job was a temp and my old job was open for business again.She said "So soon you have not asked me out like the other girls yet".I said lets go out tonite not thinking anything would come of it and found out she was the nicest,smartest and sweetest woman I had met and her morals were much higher then our coworkers,so decided then I would end up marrying her.CW

1.KILL EM' ALL AND LET ALLAH SORT EM' OUT!

2.NEVER WASTE MONEY ON SPRINGFIELD ARMORY!!
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We lived in the same apartment house in Brooklyn. She had recently arrived from Germany and me from Korea. When I saw her at the bottom end of a Castro Convertible coming down stairs, I knew she had potential. She first noticed me under a greasy BSA motorcycle changing oil. A common friend introduced us. Three years later we were married in Boston.
    Last week we celebrated our 46th anniversary in our new House in Virginia; not far from our first vacation in the Blue Ridge mountains.
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    Met Mike at a bar that I had never been to before. Some ex-coworkers of mine invited me to a charity Bowl-a-thon for Big brother/Big sisters, afterwards we went barhopping. I was newly divorced, and very drunk.
    A former coworker whose name is Brenda, who was a mutual friend of Mike's, sent him across the floor to say "Hi" to me. His first words to me were "Hi, I'm Mike. You don't know me but I'm a friend of Brenda's, and she said that if I didn't come over to you and introduce myself, she would never speak to me again." Honest,...direct,...and oh, so romantic! We'll be celebrating our 2 year 'anniversary' of that magic night on the 16th of this month.

What can I say, he had me at "Hello"....

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it that the former does not submit to hereditary predjudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Albert E.

On my tombstone:"Keep you eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel..."the Lizard King
  • interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    I stalked my wife for 7 months before she took the restraining order out on me. I threatned to kill her if she would not marry me. The rest is history.[:D]

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
  • tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I dated her two best friends to get to her.[}:)]..For some reason, they're all not friends anymore....As one since 4/2/77..I couldn't get the reception hall for April fools day...durn.[:o)]

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,615 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Picked him up in a bar. [;)]

Regards,
    190191.gif
  • kriskris Member Posts: 973 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    met at our church sponsored haunted house...she was lizzy borden i was an alien mutant thing......went on our first date a week later.. movie Star Wars!!!..22 years later...still watch that movie together

it is good that we meet in the struggle of life or death.. .....it shall be life!
  • 625625 Member Posts: 125 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wife-to-be (at that time) wrote a letter to "any serviceman" and via the USO in Viet Nam, I got hers along with several others. I wrote to all of 'em for a few months, and they all dropped off but her. Got stationed 40 miles south of her when I came back, and we were married six months after my return. That was 34 years ago, and she still has all the letters.

Jay

"For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    "USMC 2531, 8652, RVN Jun 66 - May 68"

avitar.jpg

Some of my pics
    http://personal.swayzee.com/jayb/index.html
  • interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kris
    met at our church sponsored haunted house...she was lizzy borden i was an alien mutant thing......went on our first date a week later.. movie Star Wars!!!..22 years later...still watch that movie together

it is good that we meet in the struggle of life or death.. .....it shall be life!
    What, your wife was dressed up as a dairy product!![:D]

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    mudge I have been to Winchester virginia before

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,063 ******
    edited November -1
    #1 was working in a store on my beat. Had the nicest pair of...eyes, yes, eyes...that I ever saw.

#2 was a neighbor.

#3 neighbor, part time co-worker.

#4 I met a long time ago when her car caught fire.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Blind date.
    My brother wanted to go out with a girl he had met.
    She had a friend and said that if he wanted to go out,
    he would have to find a date for her friend.
    He did not know anyone in town. (he just got out of prison)
    He wanted to go out with her pretty bad,
    so he called me and talked me into a blind date.
    I showed up on my bike, and she got on the back.
    Not too much later she bought me a gun.
    I knew I had a keeper.
    Over 30 years later she is still wanting to ride,
    whenever the weather lets us.
    And she still likes to shoot.
    Can't figure out how she has put up with me for so long.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • hawkeye6020hawkeye6020 Member Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    at collage, I was setting in the brake area with some mutual friends and she came over to say hi to them but i got in the way.

"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others"
  • powdersmokepowdersmoke Member Posts: 3,241
    edited November -1
    At a Bible study. She was in a green dress, long mousey blonde hair. She had round dangly earrings on.

fa4d9fb5.jpg

When you wrestle a 'gator, there ain't no good end!!

"Molon Labe!" Spartan General-King Leonidas
  • FrOgFrOg Member Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    8th grade. I was in 8th macking (sp??) on a 10th grader. Finally caught up to her in college. All downhill after that[:D][8D]

Frog

divemed1sm.jpg

GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY
  • PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    I met my fiance in the Dorm's at Western Michigan University. She was my next door neihbor, and close friend. Eventually we started dating and one thing led to another, and we are now engaged. We get married this June.

Patrick Buzzard
    Michigan National Guard
    19K-- tanker
    "Strike Hard!!"
  • SwwboSwwbo Member Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ok Punchie said he met by accepting charges on an obsene phone call.. Here's the real story..

My girlfriend and I called Stephen's job to speak with another guy that worked there..He wasn't there and we started up a conversation with Stephen on the phone.. I lied and told him my name was Joyce[}:)]..(I didn't know what kind of guy I was talking to, besides I was a single mom and lived alone with my son.) He finally talked me into meeting him at a place called Kipps. (shoney's like place) for coffee.. By the way at this point he knew my name (Karen)... So my friend and I drive to Kipps to meet him.. He walks into the place and my first thought.. Oh my God he's old, bald and hairy..I was 22 at the time and he was 32.. Boy I changed my views on age.. Well after we had coffee we drove to Johnny Lee's to have a drink and dance alittle..(Remember Mickey Gilley and Johnny Lee from back in the late 70's and early 80's..My friend was intersted in Stephen I wasn't. Stephen was interested in me and not her..We have a drink, then the song "Looking for Love in all the Wrong Places" comes on.. He asked me to dance and I did.. We stayed a bit longer and then left and went back to Kipps for a bite to eat and talk a bit more.. After we leave Kipps, Stephen hands me a piece of paper with his phone number on it. I never give my phone number out to men I didn't know. I'm thinking right.. I'm going to call this OLD MAN.. Not in my life time..

Well here comes December and time to put up the christmas tree.. I have never in my life seen a tree go up the way I had that tree in the stand.. Well I sitting there thinking you know Karen your not going to get it straight alone...So just bite the bullet and call someone for help. So I think to my self, you know his phone number is in your purse still.. So I called him..He was at my home within a flash still not sure how he made it there that fast.. He had the tree up within two minutes so I cooked him a steak for helping me..(One of the toughest steaks in Texas, just ask him) We started enjoying each others company getting to know each other.. We became friends first. There were days he would call and ask to come by and I would say no I need to do my hair, nails ect... I wasn't interested in a personal relationship with him only a friendship. I felt he was much too old for me..Well that didn't work.. He would be sitting out in my parking lot in his car waiting for me to get off from work.(think they call that stalking now days[:D]) As time went on I fell in love with him.. I saw all the fine qualitys the man has and knew he would make a wonderful husband and father to my son one day. Stephen stole my heart first then I was in lust[}:)].. BTW we will be married 23 years come Feb. 12th..[;)]
  • gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Met my first wife during a visit to hell.[}:)]

The second one when her daughter came to the airport for her first jump class.[8D]

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.

Don't fly the river!
  • robsgunsrobsguns Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You know Allen Jackson's song 'I'm married to a waitress and I dont even know her name'? Well, thats how me and my wife met. I had just gotten out of the Air Force, and moved back home to MI. I found that there was no one left I knew, and it was hard trying to meet any nice girls. I fumbled around trying to find someone nice, no luck, then I got to thinking about the old jokes how you could go to a family reunion and meet some nice girls. Got me to thinking about some of my step father's family back in my real home town. Decided it might be time to go back to that old small town and say hi to some step relatives. I did. In the process my step neices hooked me up with a couple dates. Shortly after that I was still looking, and was having dinner at this greasy spoon in town in hicksville where I was originally from, and up comes my waitress. She turned out to be a friend of my cousin, who was eating dinner with me. She was cute, just turned 17, and very innocent. Huh, imagine that, a nice girl in the middle of all this, even if she was a little young. We got hooked up by me needing to give her a ride home from work that very evening. Next thing you know we're dating, the rest as they say is history, here we are, 15 years,(12 Marine Corps years), 2 kids, 3 long deployments-2 1 year tours in Okinawa, 1 tour in Iraq, and 4 homes later, we're still happy I had dinner in my old home town, cheese burger deluxe, fries, and a diet coke. Now I'm married to my waitress, and she is still underpaid.

"Never argue with an idiot.... They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."

"I don't have an attitude problem, you have a perception problem."

Ryan