In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Help me understand

ElbestaElbesta Member Posts: 334 ✭✭✭
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
Can someone explain to me what would lead you to buy a Japanese full size truck?? I live in liberalville close to DC and have been seeing more and more of em around here. For the life of me, I don't think I'd buy a Jap truck if it was half off. I honestly would be embarassed to get out of it in public.

I havn't yet had a pickup and won't for a few more years as I just bought a Linc. But I do keep my eyes open and am amazed that ppl would buy those things. They're ugly, wimpy looking, [xx(][xx(][xx(]. How could you take something so american and make it so un-american???

tundra_main.jpg

Frog

divemed1sm.jpg

GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY

Comments

• ElbestaElbesta Member Posts: 334 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What I am trying to understand is the thought process of people, like ones that are on this board, when it comes to having or carrying a firearm. Some say that if you drop it you should loose it or if you forget it and get on an airplane you should loose it. These are mistakes without intent. On the other side some say that a convicted felon that has done his time should be able to have a firearm. Deliberate act with intent. So help me out, someone should be able to explain this to a pro-gun person, what would you say to an anti?Don't flame too bad, I have broad shoulders, but a bad back.The Beast
  • pops401pops401 Member Posts: 616 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think anyone on the board said these guys "should" lose their guns. Only that because of the law they probably will.
    Just one more gun and I'll quit.....HONEST....
  • badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's already explained in the Second Ammendment. "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".Convicted felons have no rights.
  • robsgunsrobsguns Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I need a drink, well here it goes.It is already a well established fact on this board that the laws governing accidents involving, cars, guns, etc. are not fair, nor are they based on intellectual thought patterns, rather, they are based on human emotion over a political debate that has been rageing for years, when the first sheriff in that cow town long since blown away, decided that no longer would guns be allowed in his town. The reason that some members of this board believe the incident in question should result in the loss of the permit is simple, stupidity, that more than likely will repeat itself. This guy is straight up stupid. For a number of reasons, I say he is stupid. Its already been discussed. Stupid people should not be allowed to drive, drink, handle guns, vote, hold a political office, or be an officer in the military, but * HAPPENS!!! Laws are not fair. As for anyone saying that an ex-con should be allowed to have a gun after he has paid his due, I wasnt around for that one, but there should be a resounding HELL NO!! to that one. Case in point, a man comitts rape of a child, do you let him get a job at a day care center after he has 'paid his due', no!!! So if a guy shoots someone, or holds them up at gun point, do you allow him to have a gun after he has done his time, hell no!!! Geeez beast, is your stiring hand getting tired yet, you're killing my fingers and keyboard.
    SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC
  • competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    robsguns,But what if someone only lies on their tax form and is caught and convicted of the felony crime of tax evasion? Should that person lose his right to own firearms after serving his time?Elbesta,What you're hearing is just different opinions--and that is what we "pro-gun" people tolerate--differences in opinions. The "anti-gun" people seek strict uniformity in everyone's opinion--which is why they feel the need to disarm the population, so they can establish the dictatorship they desire and force everyone to think "the same".
  • UnclePatUnclePat Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Isn't it strange that will NOT tolerate stupid mistakes from surgeons who cut off the wrong leg, or LEOs who shoot a teenager, or a pilot who drinks before a flight, BUT, we find all kinds of excuses for an idiot who "forgets" and carries a handgun on an airplane or whose pistol accidently gets caught on a chair and discharges in a restaurant? IMHO, stupidity cancels your right to bear arms.
    edited November -1
    1) What does IMHO mean? 2) Yes, if you have a felony conviction for ANYTHING you lose your right to carry a firearm, or even own one. That is the law as it stands. It is open to opinion as to whether or not it is stupid, but it is the law, and as long as everyone is treated the same, a felon is a felon, then it is as fair as it can be at this time. There are people who should not be allowed to be making law, but they are and we have to live with them, too. You know there are differences here between the examples given and the guy at the mall. LEO accidentally shoots a teenager, IN THE LINE OF DUTY, UNDER PRESSURE, SNAP DECISION REQUIRED IN SOME INSTANCES, this is not the guy at the mall. Surgeon cuts off a wrong leg, rare but it happens, many things have to go wrong, by more than one person for this to occur, the surgeon is not by himself, nor will he be defending himself alone, the hospital will also be defending themselves. A PILOT drinks before a flight, intentional reckless endangerment of everyone on board, that isnt the technical term, that is my view, serve him up on a platter when done to taste. A guy, (I'm not familiar with this thread, I've been busy with others), forgets and takes his gun on a plane, illegal, yes, stupid yes, did he do anything wrong with it, no, but yes he took it into an airliner or airport. Did he have it under control, yes, I will assume this, was anyone in danger, I would suppose not. Yes I say he should get it back, unless hes tried and found guilty of a felony for what hes done, too bad, but it could happen. I went and read the thread, the guy was stupid but endangered no one, too bad hes going to pay for it with his *, and his permit. Anyone here ever go to drive your vehicle and walk out the door without your keys? I have. Anyone here ever put a gun in your vehicle and leave it in your range bag and forget to take it out cause you always leave that bag in the vehicle. I live in a very safe area, where I dont even think about anyone bothering my vehicle, and I have forgoten about guns in my vehicle in the bag, only difference is I wasnt breaking any laws and if I was I didnt get caught, but I wasnt. I say give it back to the guy, but the law wont see it that way when they convict him, for just a stupid mistake that endangered no one, and 30 yrs. ago wouldnt have raised an eyebrow, in most places.
    SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC[This message has been edited by robsguns (edited 12-31-2001).]
  • competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can't offer much disagreement with that argument, robsguns.And there was that recent other incident where a man accidentally discovered he had his firearm while on the flight and told the stewardess, who gave the gun to the pilot--I believe there were no charges filed then.Ofcourse that was when the airport security was "private" and those security personnel who let the man through without catching the gun could be "the scapegoat".Now, with the security being "Federalized", blame must be focused elsewhere--the "Federal employees" can do no wrong!IMHO (In My Humble Opinion)
  • ElbestaElbesta Member Posts: 334 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Competentone,That is about the best description of an anti-gunner I have heard yet.robsguns,Trying hard to work up to Dano's stirring standards.Well thought out opinions could be the answer to changing someones mind. But why do we have so many different opinions on firearm subjects? If we can't come to a concensus how can we expect the antis to understand our opinions.The beast
    edited November -1
    Beast, You and I are seeing EXACTLY eye to eye on that particular subject. Unity, if we dont have it, we will lose, and the price we pay when we lose is high. I dont have the answer to bring us all together, but I am sure willing to work real hard to try.
    SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC