In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

It's time for a Forum change....

UnclePatUnclePat Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
OK, GB,Your forums for "Bow Hunting", "Politics" and "Gun Rights" are all real nice, BUT, nobody uses them!!!!! Well, not many, anyway.It's time to combine them all into one forum and start a newHUNTING FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!P=L=E=A=S=E

Comments

• Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    How about a "Smoking Jacket Forum"....or "What's for Dinner" forum...
  • Options
    M.OpaliskiM.Opaliski Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If anything, I would suggest a "Firearm Laws/Regulations" forum.I'd be glad to moderate if needed, for the record.
    Support your RKBA ... MatthewNRA Life MemberTalk Radio Junkie opaliski@hotmail.com TheFirearmsEnthusiast
  • Options
    Gene B.Gene B. Member Posts: 892 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How about show your guns off forum, where you take pictures of your own guns and post, and we rate them on a scale of 1-10.
  • Options
    SXSMANSXSMAN Member Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm in favor of a hunting forum.Lots of young shooters here that could learn from the more experienced hunters,and we all might learn and enjoy stories of hunting with"dad" or your first hunt.GUNBROKER has a rather full plate right now,but said they would entertain the idea of a hunting forum in the future.It will be at least a year before I can bow hunt again,if at all so a hunting forum has my vote.
  • Options
    robsgunsrobsguns Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    How about a 'free forum', where you can ask questions that members can answer, their answers will be free from smart !@# remarks. The members that ask the questions, and the members that answer them will be free from being poofed by the moderator as long as they are professional, so long as the answers and questions and statements are not derogatory, but truthful. I'd love to look through these questions and see nothing but good solid advice and info. I'd love to see the questions and statements left on the board until the poster closes the thread himself. How about it, anyone in favor of this?
    SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC
  • Options
    concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    SSgt Roberts, all due respect, but wouldn't it be kinda boring without any smarta$$ comments? I actually enjoy the occasional verbal jabs. And, I've found that almost all serious questions get intelligently answered, eventually.
    Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT Criminals
  • Options
    Trader DaveTrader Dave Member Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gene B. had a good idea however, change it up a bit. We can put our wife's photos in a forum and rate them.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I agree TDave. But, I seem to recall several members voicing some concern about publicizing/displaying their firearms collection.I'm all for it, the gov't already knows what I own. I'm not sure about the wife's picture thing, though. If she found out she would probably be a little upset.
  • Options
    PelicanPelican Member Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,628 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pelican,You first, as one of the old timers, you can start the ball rolling.....
  • Options
    SXSMANSXSMAN Member Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A forum free of smarta$$ed comments?Would be a lot slower/duller around here with half the posters.Damn,I must be the weakist link!"POOF" I'M GONE
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Dont get me wrong, I'm not opposed to humor I just feel that it is more appropriate in the general discussion forum, and not in the ask the experts forum, where novices go to ask questions, be they dumb questions or not, and then they get treated in a manner that makes them feel like an ignorant green horn. I would like to bring in as many new members to this site as possible, not to mention into the sport of shooting, and if we can make a name for ourselves as being the place to go for information that you may not be able to find ANYWHERE ELSE, the word will get around. This site could be as big as say Peterson's Publishing Co., and that would do great things for us as members of this site, more members equals better prices, for both sellers and buyers, more members equals more demand, more supply of weapons, knowledge, etc. This is my line of thinking, maybe its way off base, but.....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    robsguns, I'm sorry, I didn't read your post correctly. I thought you were saying the "new" forum should be the general discussion forum minus the fun.Yes, I agree, a separate area devoted only to straightforward Q&A could be useful. I'd probably print out a transcript once in a while and put it in a binder if it were truly a collection of useful info.Good idea.
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    I`ve seen questions go near off page one, without an answer,did not have an answer myself,made a light joke..just to bring it back to the top..and been called a smartass for my efforts!?!?..once by the original poster,and another time by some nozy S.O.B.who could not mind his buissiness.This is not in ref. to the one a couple days ago!.218
  • Options
    Judge DreadJudge Dread Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its ok like it is ,just add a few pointerslike Gun "critic" forum LAW forum ,and just for fun and jokes general posting ...Maybe and adult rated get it off your chest restricted forum for thoose with an attitude for free expresion .?????
    Good , Bad ? Who cares? as long I am the one with the GUN... and the brains !
  • Options
    edited November -1
    UnclePat, you seem to be correct, there are a lot of ideas out there about how to change it, maybe not everyone is in exact agreement, but everyone does want a change of some kind, at least everyone who replyed seem to indicate this. Hey admin., how about it?