In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ok guys, I need your help.

Gene B.Gene B. Member Posts: 892 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
Ok, Im comparing a Glock 21, and a H&K .45 Tactical. Which one is better, and if you could tell me the reasons why. Which ever gun has the most posts for it, I will buy it.THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!!

Comments

• Shootist3006Shootist3006 Member Posts: 4,171
    edited November -1
    Gene, 2manyguns asked this same question on the "Experts" board. Here is what I told him:"Difficult question as to what piece of tactical tupperware is better, kind of asking which gourmet restraunt is better - Burger King or Mickey D's?Of the 2, try each as the triggers are very different; Glock has a poorly thought-out safety system and a consistently bad trigger pull while H&K has a really bad trigger pull in DA and a fairly good pull in SA.If you insist on plastic, I guess the H&K would get my vote but I wouldn't willingly pick either."I expect that won't please many of the plastic lovers but it is how I see it.
    Quod principi placuit legis habet vigorem.Semper Fidelis
  • j2k22j2k22 Member Posts: 329 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Mark IIMark II Member Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Considering that they both do the same thing, go for the one that costs about half what the other costs. GLOCK.
    "To meet with ill fortune is to meet with good fortune. To meet with submission is to meet an enemy."
  • LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    I'd get the Glock.
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is a reason the Glock is half the price ... its half the gun!Compare: HK-Positive Saftey-Glock NoneHK-Threaded Barrel-Glock Not Avaiable from FactoryHK-Ajustable sights standard-Glock ExtraHK-Ajustable Trigger standard-Glock Not Avaiable from FactoryHK-Barrel "O" ring for positive lock-up-Glock barrel noneHK-Ambidextrious Mag release standard-Glock Not Avaiable from FactoryHK-Extended slide release standard-Glock Not Avaiable from FactoryHK-Decock standard-Glock Not AvaiableDont get me wrong, A Glock, for what it is, is a great gun ... but its not an HK ... or even close ... Plastic mag catch, short sheet metal slide release ... anything above the basic gun is extra.
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • 5db5db Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why I chose HK, The Browning Hi-Power fits and "points" best for me, I have shot the Glock and Sig in .45 but found the HK came closest to the instinctive pointing characteristics of the Browning so I went with it. Though I can shoot any of the mentioned pistols about as well as the next (that is, miss often ) the HK just feels right in my hand. I have shot somewhere close to 700-900 rounds of Winchester, S&B and Corbon through it, no problems, no jams using 4 different (HK) mags. Plus, that little MK II light is pretty cool.... The one that got away - I had just bought a pre-ban Colt CAR when I saw a HK Tactical, I was a bit shy of the $800.00 cash price and before I could get back, it was gone. Months later I bought a USP standard. I will trade it for the Tactical quick as I get a chance. I gotta ask, if you don't mind telling, what are you able to get the Tactical for?
    If you have one shot...Accu-Shot Website[This message has been edited by 5db (edited 09-22-2001).]
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    H&K. Enough said.
    Save, research, then buy the best.Join the NRA, NOW!Teach them young, teach them safe, teach them forever, but most of all, teach them to VOTE!
  • Walt NunleyWalt Nunley Member Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go with the Hk.shoots smoother than the glock and as mentioned comes stock with more goodies.As far as plastic goes if the seals use it its got to be better than some so called real guns,I mean a jennings is metal isnt it would you rather have a metal jennings or a "plastic" Hk-nuff said
    Submarine Sailor,Truck Driver,and very bad typist.GO RUSTY #2
  • .250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You might wanna check out what else is out there before you buy a ring and rent a hall. I checked out the Czech (didn't move me), H&K (same), Glock (clunky, twangy) & finally bought a Baby Eagle in .45 simply because it "schlurped" perfectly into my big mitt (steel frame, too). Has its problems, I'll admit, but it fits me. Might also wanna check out the S&W (pre-agreement, natch). "My Momma told me, ya better shop around."
    I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.--Voltare
  • HK CoolHK Cool Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glocks are a dime a dozen, and dont hold their re-sale very well for that reason.I've got the HK USP, Tactical & Match and saving up for the Expert. If I wanted to sell them I can easily get within $50 of what I paid for them--you can't say that about a Glock, just check the auction prices!kimberkid, You forgot the HK has the key lock for the firing pin block built in--Glock not avaiableP.S.Both my Tactical & Match came with a Heavy Nylon carry case (which cost about $50 purchased seperate, if you can find them)-- with 2 Mag pockets, an accessory pocket for long enough for the silencer and an accessory pocket for the tactical light/laser, but I keep a box of ammo in mine and leave the laser on it, It also has a "flap" on the top to keep your factory cleaning kit, targets or whatever in. If you add anything to a Glock, even a +2 baseplate it wont fit in its tupperware box.
    [This message has been edited by HK Cool (edited 09-23-2001).]