In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Good News re Kerry

offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
edited October 2004 in General Discussion
The analysts on CNN tonight made a very interesting observation. Dean was the "change" candidate, and Kerry is the "status quo" candidate. Know what that means? If Americans are in favor of change, they switch from the incumbent. If they like the status quo, they re-elect. So if Bush is up against a "status quo" Democrat, then he should be significantly more likely to win.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif

Comments

• ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't get my hopes up too much. As is, I think you're reading too much into that comment.

Kerry IS an establishment politician. But in terms of status quo over change, even a "status quo" Democrat is a change from the Bush status quo. And given how many people are out of work or losing their jobs, I can't imagine any of them saying, "Gee, I like the status quo! Bush has my vote!"

My prediction: Bush is in for a long hard campaign and if he doesn't smarten up, he's going to lose by a margin of at least 15%.
  • BlackieBoogerBlackieBooger Member Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Edwards would have a better chance of beating Bush because he is athe only candidate running that is for the repeal of NAFTA and unfair trade with countries like China. Also he may able to pull off a couple of southern states. Kerry has already made himself a big target having been an anti-war protestor during the Vietnam War.

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, not liberty to purchase power."
    Benjamin Franklin, 1785
    123div.gif
  • ndbillyndbilly Member Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    EMM - May I suggest a wager on the outcome of the Presidential Election? I'll take W even up against whomever the Democrat candidate happens to be. On my end, I'll promise to write a three paragraph post praising the newly elected Democrat on the day after the election. If you accept the wager and lose, you will write and post a three paragraph tome in praise and honor of our beloved president to be posted within 24 hours of the close of the polls.

I shall remain breathless until you respond.
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Ndbilly,

You're on! And should I lose I promise to put 100% behind my post... no snide, underhanded remarks and no excessive cribbing from other sources (I may quote once or twice).
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    EMM - Wanted to contact you privately but you do not have an e-mail addy on your profile. Just wanted to bring the wager we made last February back to the top. I prepared my doomsday outline a while back. Hope you've done the same.