In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Save $50,000 on a Hummer!

offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Yes, Major Surplus still has these, and every time I see the ad I want one:

http://www.majorsurplusnsurvival.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=*&Store_Code=MSS&Product_Code=0860051&Category_Code=23

Somebody says these must be demilled and re-welded, but I'm not sure I care at that price... [:D]

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif

Comments

• leadlead Member Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It says, Quantity in basket: none
    Offerer must have bought them all up.

Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    QTY in basket means how many the customer added to their virtual shopping cart, it doesnt mean how many they have available.

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • Supreme OneSupreme One Member Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello, "It says, Quantity in basket: none
    Offerer must have bought them all up."

DUH.

Michael

Paranoid keeps you alive, worry just gives you stomach problems.
    - .- -.- . / -- -.-- / .- -.. ...- .. ... . --..-- / .. .----. -- / -. --- - / ..- ... .. -. --. / .. - / .- -. -.-- .-- .- -.-- .-.-.-
    Politics- From the words poly, meaning many, and tics, which are just little blood suckers.
    .-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / .- / ... . -..- ..- .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / - .-. .- -. ... -- .. - - . -.. / -.. .. ... . .- ... . .-.-.-
    If "con" is the opposite of "pro," then what is the opposite of progress?
    sound
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Milsurp by the looks of it. 25K miles could be a lot if those miles were in in the desert. One of the mags to which I subscribe, Military Vehicles, has had many ads for these milsurp vehicles, and this price is slightly above average. They are comparing this price to that of a new civilian model, which is misleading (as I'm sure it is intended to be!). I'm not saying this might not be a reasonable deal, but it won't have any of the basic amenities such as a radio or A/C and there is no way of telling how heavily worn the guts might be. "RUNS GREAT" is in the mind of the seller and who knows what may show up after 1,000 miles. Besides, if they are comparing it to the civilian model, it shows they are typical used car salemen and I wouldn't be willing to take their word on it - there was a reason, obviously, for the military to release it.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain) ". . . And DemoCraps" (me)
  • competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't believe a military surplus Hummer is even street legal--expensive off-road-only vehicle then!
  • TxsTxs Member Posts: 17,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unless things have changed, USGI Hummers are required to have their frames cut before being sold as surplus. The quality of the vehicle depends on how good a job was done welding them back together. If you find one on the open market that's uncut it probably went AWOL from military stocks. Buyer beware.

As was stated, genuine GI Hummers need several modifications before being street legal.
  • rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    In what way do their frames get cut? What's the point?

aliens.jpg
  • jujujuju Member Posts: 6,321
    edited November -1
    Oh you were talking about a car!, For a minute I thought you lived in a very expensive part of town[:D]

JuJu(whose gotta get his mind outta the gutter[:o)])