In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Don't smoke

ibtruknibtrukn Member Posts: 443 ✭✭✭
edited November 2001 in General Discussion
So I don't need one of them there kind of jackets. Wear mine with the collar turned up. Think James Dean. Or don't you remember?

Comments

• Options
    Bubba JoelBubba Joel Member Posts: 5,161
    edited November -1
    I was wondering if this was the non-smoking section of gunbrokers. com.
    I wouldn't mind being the last man on earth-just to see if all of those girls were telling me the truth....
  • Options
    ghotie_thumperghotie_thumper Member Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't smoke either but can't knockem for doing it. I'd be out of place in a silk jacket, make mine a carhart and 7n7 and I'm in. The only thing smokin will be the business end of my 44.
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, let's start a non smoking section. Usta smoke two paks a day, now can't stand the smell of it. So who's fer a non smokin' jacket thread?
    So many guns to buy. So little money.
  • Options
    Bubba JoelBubba Joel Member Posts: 5,161
    edited November -1
    OK, I'm in....I'm an ex-smoker and ex-dipper...Maroboro lights and copenhagen...Where do I sign up?
    I wouldn't mind being the last man on earth-just to see if all of those girls were telling me the truth....
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't smoke or drink, so I fake it with a bubble gum cigar and ginger ale....it's a symbolic thing while wearing my smoking jacket.
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    I don`t smoke either,just like wearin` the jacket!!Can I get in with you guys??Are jackets allowed ?? I promise that I will be just plain ol .218,not that pretentious Sir Lord Beekeeper..218
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Beeswax, after further review of your above post it may be possible that you would be allowed to enter into the ASSOCIATION. The slur "sir" must be truly renounced now and forever. Further more, after much contemplation, this may only be accomplished if you supply the Black Jack an Bud Lite at our first ever possum stew cookoff.I know this will entice many more "wannabees" but this only applies to 218besompin at this point. It will have to be officially accepted by Triple B who until further notice , shall be deemed HEAD RINGLEADER )if he so chooses to accept this prestigious position.
  • Options
    SXSMANSXSMAN Member Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I also don't drink anymore,but then again,I don't drink any less!I think I'll stick with old George and drink alone.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    As long as we don't require poetry readings or any of those high brow goings on. I've never tried a fine cognac either. A good cold beer of your choosing and a bottle of Jim or Jack or 7 or whatever unnerves ya. I understand the need for our literary masters to get together. I'm pretty sure they get tired of listening down to us. I just wanna get a bunch of shooters together and do what we do best. Shoot the bull and shoot the guns. Maybe them smokin jackets would let us cater their get togethers. I hope they like tv dinners.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    G T, I really like that line "listening down". So apprapo to some of these threads. Yar good adult beverages an a good yarn to go with. Not too much beats it.exzcept maybe a good "dump". capeesh?
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Boy Howdy, it is flat amazing how quickly we all forget that the hunting and shooting and love of firearms is the thing that unites us all, whether high school drop outs or Ph.D's. We are all the same. It has always been us or them and everybody here is us. I like cognac better than beer, but I don't hate beer. Remember guys, united we stand, devided they get us by the short ones. The enemies are outthere, can't we stop looking for new ones in here?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think we all stand united here on the board. There are a couple good ol boys and a few Ph'ds I guess too. I just don't think that I'd do well in a Cartier or a Cabelas Smokin jacket. I've got a pool table, but its in the living room not the library. It's not a trailer but I was raised in one. Oh well. I'm glad we have the likes of the Smokin Jackets around. They really get after it and probably look good doing it. I'd just be better suited to be around a bunch of blue collar winchester owners hunting in Montana than feeling out of place with guys carrying fine doubles and telling hunting stories of swahili land sippin cognac whatever the heck that is. Hey look over there, the better half is pulling up the driveway with a half rack of MGD.
  • Options
    biganimalbiganimal Member Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ex-smoker and ex-chewer3 packs of camels a day and yara scrap
  • Options
    edited November -1
    HE DOG, someone once said "we have met the enemy an he is us" Draw your own conclusions. And that quote was from "POGO", prally the best political cartoon strip, far superior to doonesbury. just my nsho
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Truckin' If you have been divorced three times and you see yourself as the common denominator, then "We have met the enemy and he is us" is appropriate. BUT, I maintain that our commonalities here out weigh by far our differences, compared to our differences with those not here. Yet I see arguments and name calling almost constantly over trivial points. Reminds me of those married couples that have been fighting for 40 years without realizing there are other options. Oh well, I guess I better get used to misanthropy or leave.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    He Dog, I think you missed the point. You certainly have the right to feel any way you care to, and of course have and express your own opinions. That is what makes this country so great It sort of bothers me to see so many good people on this and other boards take their words and themselves so seriously. I am here to have fun and correspond with like thinking folks. If I wanted serious I would go to "ask the experts", the political page and so on. Just my nsho. Come on over to the Association, Triple B just might let ya in.
  • Options
    travelortravelor Member Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess maybe I was admitted to the smokin' Jackets under questionable pretences...though I did say that I didn't smoke anymore (never did smoke cigarrettes),(but I definately did inhale) I do agree with those comments about diversity and such...we are all one people...I hope...so does it matter what air we breath as long as it's not taliban? I also requested that I would be alowed to don my deer skins...and hey, what difference does a smoker make on the airwaves anyway....I have yet to experience olfactory sensation electronically!!
    keep lots of extra uppers for your ar..you can change often enough to keep the thing from over heating...what ever caliber fits the moment..~Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    edited November -1
    trevolor, whas da last line meen anyway?
  • Options
    travelortravelor Member Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ibtrukn, olfactory is the sense of smell. so far I havn't smelt anything smoking on the internet...just capacitors burning out frome ploging in wrong!!!
    keep lots of extra uppers for your ar..you can change often enough to keep the thing from over heating...what ever caliber fits the moment..~Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~