In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

tribunal questions

travelortravelor Member Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
edited November 2001 in General Discussion
After hearing (reading) about the possible use of judgement by military tribunal as proposed by Washington since 9/11/01, I have listened to many viewpoints including those posted here. And now this evening, I watched a movie called "Guilty as Charged". the theme involved a secret military vigilanty squad that would carry out tribunal judgement, and punnishments, by orders handed down by higher ranking officers. The "victims" were all recently aquitted of crimes against the military/personel. The punnishment handed down was death. It was quite a shocking movie, and in the end, with the credits, was briefly posted a small statement to this effect: "Though the military denies existance of vigilanty tribunal, soldiers previously aquitted of serious crimes continue to disappear."I know...its just a movie...right? but this kind of idea is just why I don't like the thought of authority being granted to try suspected terrorists by tribunal, when anyone who says the wrong thing can be construed by some as terrorist, and be searched, and arrested without even being served a warrent, and without even being formally charged with a crime...
keep lots of extra uppers for your ar..you can change often enough to keep the thing from over heating...what ever caliber fits the moment..~Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~