In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Decision Time

njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
My Springfield 1903A3 is ordrered from CMP. Must make room in the gun safe for it, so here's the problem. Probably gonna hafta get rid of one of the Marlin's. I have a 30-30, made in 1989 and a 35 Rem, made in 1969. Both of these rifles are in outstanding condition. The 30-30 is cheaper to shoot, but the 35 is more fun. As I do not hunt, that is not a consideration.

I also have a Winchester 94 in 30-30 cal. I know that I should not get rid of either one. I guess I just need you guys to give me moral support and say so, lol.

Mrs NJRETCOP was putting all of her Boyd,s bear collection on the computer last night and guess what. She has $4800.00 worth of stuffed bears! Mu gun collection is only worth $4200.00. Hmmmm, I'm sure glad I looked over her shoulder

-Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com

Edited by - njretcop on 04/12/2002 12:09:24

Comments

• Options
    njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small
    children. Suddenly, a dangerous looking man with a huge knife comes
    around the corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, raises the knife, and charges. You are carrying a Glock .40 and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family. What do you do?

Democrat's Answer:

Well, that's not enough information to answer the question! Does the man look poor or oppressed? Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack? Could we run away? What does my wife think? What about the kids? Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand? What does the law say about this situation? Does the Glock have an appropriate safety built into it? Why am I carrying a loaded gun and what kind of message does this send to society and my children? Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me? Does he definitely want to kill me or would he just be content to wound me? If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me? This is all so confusing! I need to debate this with some friends for a few days to try to come to a conclusion.

Republican's Answer:

BANG!

Mudge the shooter

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!<BR>
  • Options
    niklasalniklasal Member Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know how you feel. My collection over two years is only worth about $2000 and the missus spent that much at the beauty salon over the pat two years, so I'm safe.

Still, that's one helluva lot of bears!

NIKLASAL@hotmail.com
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    NIKLASAL- You do not have a leg to stand on. MRS. NIKLASAL can just say she goes to the beauty parlor for you.
    NJRETCOP- Stop worrying about such things, and just go out and buy another safe.

Happiness is a warm gun
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What Salzo said.

PC=BS
  • Options
    gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    I agree with Saxon. Get a bigger and better safe. You might even find someone to trade your safe for another one.
  • Options
    wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Charlie,
    Are you hungry, can you pay your bills, do you like the guns you have?

No problem, buy another safe and fill it up.

After I got past the place where I didn't have to worry about the price of peanut butter and gasoline I stopped worrying about my toys.

I figure your born, you go to school, you work, and now what was that next step? If it doesn't pinch the budget enjoy yourself.

"It's great to be great, but it's greater to be human." Will Rogers
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    timberbeasttimberbeast Member Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wouldn't mind getting my paws on that .35 Rem..........
    But keep them all!!!
    But jest in case....zap@netwurx.net
  • Options
    Shootist3006Shootist3006 Member Posts: 4,171
    edited November -1
    Everyone is right, buy another safe or trade up to a bigger safe. I sorta like the trade up idea but with $4800 worth of Boyd's Bears maybe you should just buy a new, much bigger safe for the guns and put those valuable bears in the old safe!

Quod principi placuit legis habet vigorem.Semper Fidelis
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you get feeling really bad about it, send the .30-30 Marlin out to me. I will hold it until you recover your senses, buy a bigger safe, sell the present one for what you paid for it, and then send that Marlin back to you. The problem is NOT too many rifles, it is too small a safe. I'll Bet that is some collection of bears! We have over 200 beanie babies (not one of which was bought at a gun show), so I know how it goes. Just get that new safe and stop talking crazy!

He Dog the helpful, understudy to Mudge the Magnificent
  • Options
    k.stanonikk.stanonik Member Posts: 2,109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whats the question, keep them all, if worse comes to worse kepp the cheapest one out of the safe till you get another one.
  • Options
    agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    I'll take the 35 Rem off your hands.

AlleninAlaska aglore@gci.net
  • Options
    ClairClair Member Posts: 679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get another safe !!!
  • Options
    travelortravelor Member Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got rid of my marlin 30-30 a while back, because I needed another kind more, now I regret it...Seb
    nd me yours, and I promise it will have a good home in my spacious safe. I won't get rid of it either, even if you should want it back....

keep lots of extra uppers for your ar..you can change often enough to keep the thing from over heating...what ever caliber fits the moment..~Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~