In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

9mm

Walt NunleyWalt Nunley Member Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
I some what know this woman who works the counter at food service I have not seen her for a few months , any way I went thru her line ask how she was doing with the ammo search last time we talked she and her husband were searching like every one for the "cheep old price ammo"
her husband had bought her a 9mm of some type ( she is not sure ) that's the back ground story
she told be the recoil was just to much for her but the gun was new and should get better once it was broke in [:D][:D]
learn something new every day

Comments

• Walt NunleyWalt Nunley Member Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    new to buying a gun, can anybody tell me if 9mm bursa full size is a nice gun for someone getting into this sport of mild target shooting
    edited November -1
    I was left this pistal by my dad, Theres no name it just say's fm hi-power made by dgfm-Argentina, Cal. 9mm para Do you know who makes this gun and how good or bad is it.

Thanks.

Turner A. Bingham
    edited November -1
    I guess 9mm can get the job done...trayvon martin is proof...close range but got the job done....any non 9mm guys got anything to add?
    edited November -1
    IS CZ ANY GOOD?GUN TESTS SAID THE CZ WAS AS GOOD AS RUGER ONLY CHEAPER,ANYONE KNOW?IS WALTHER OK THE 99 SPECIFICLY?HOW ABOUT THE NEW SPRINGFIELD XD,HANDGUNS MAGAZINE HAD A PRETTY GLOWING REVIEW ANY ONE KNOW ABOUT THESE?
    Submarine Sailor,Truck Driver,and very bad typist.GO RUSTY #2
    edited November -1
    9mm luger, is the same as 9mm Parabellum, which is the same as 9x19?
  • timberbeasttimberbeast Member Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    CZ makes a hell of a good .22 rifle, never have seen the handguns, sorry Walt. In my opinion, Walther P-38 is a great pistol, I think Interarms is selling repro's. I've only fired the old WWII vintage.
  • niklasalniklasal Member Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've heard a lot of good things about them. Try doing a search for CZ's on the forums and I'm sure you'll find some good info.
    NIKLASAL@hotmail.com
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Walt --CZ's have had an excellent reputation for a very long time. I wouldn't hesitate to evaluate one for my own if I were inclined that way. They make a nice alternative choice to, say, a Browning Hi-Power. The slide rides inside the frame rails on these, rather than outside. That feature's been copied on other gun designs for a while now. Before you consider a P-38, check the trigger pull. I don't know why these are getting so expensive, they used to be one of the cheapest guns you could buy, wholesale. Personally, I think they're getting to be one or two generations too old for serious use but are probably okay historical plinkers. I've got an old Mauser .32 I have enjoyed owning which used to belong to my police officer granddad, but I wouldn't bet my life on it. The new Springfield looks promising but I have no personal contact yet. I kinda wish they hadn't chosen to put a grip safety on, but that's just me. They are nice looking designs though and those accessory rails are getting to be the rage since there are now more worthwhile accessories to choose from.
    "The 2nd Amendment is about defense, not hunting. Long live the gun shows, and reasonable access to FFLs. Join the NRA -- I'm a Life Member."
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    An alternative to a Browning Hi-Power? You gotta whisper when you say that or Rembrandt might catch ya uttering what he would consider a blasphemy! Did Springfield buy out that Croation company that made the EXACT same pistol and just slap their name on the slide? I heard that they are good pistols but I don't know anyone that has owned or fired them.
  • k.stanonikk.stanonik Member Posts: 2,109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey idsman, comparing the 2 is like comparing a yugo and a ferrari, save the money and buy a browning