In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Who`s in West Virginia???

218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
I have a place up there,near Flatwoods/Sutton.I have not been able to get away since december before last,and am missin my neigbors up there...best people in the world!Like to meet you one of these days,cup of coffie..hour or two of talk. Come to think of it..there are a lot of people here that I`d like to meet,from any state,that doesn`t matter to me You would find me quite easy to get along with..I don`t expect too much from folks,and I don`t like for them to expect too much from me...life is very smooth that way. I sure do talk about guns a lot though,and never cuss in mixed company..don`t cuss much anyway .218

Comments

• Options
    groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    218 Bee, Have no idea where that is in W.VA but I have to go to Bluefield and Lewisburg quite often. A couple months ago I posted for a clip for a Bee for a friend of mine who lives in Elkins. Got the clip and he had a classic 43!!!! He was astounded that you could find parts that quick!! Anyway, whenever you're headed this way, post it, I would love to meet you!! I know where there are 2 model 43's, one Hornet and one BEE that ride in farmers pickups!!!!! I can't get either one to sell'em!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    homer4homer4 Member Posts: 128 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know where your at 218. nice down there. I looked at some property not too far from ya...near Buckhannon and also up near Salem and down lower near Lost creek.One of these days, I'll get enough money to get aplace in West Virginia. Hopefully at least 40 acres, but prefer 60. have the bills right now tho. I do some deer huntin over near Romney and Springfield. maybe one day we can get together and shoot the stuff. Don't know anything about the 218...it would be interesting to learn some. C ya on the flip
    "...Abby someone""Abby who"..."Abby Normal"
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mrs Rembrandt is originally from Fairmont, we make it back a couple of times each year....beautiful country, but vehicle brakes and tires don't last long there. I didn't know how nice a flat straight road was till I got out of those West Virginia hills. Heehee.......(Rembrandt, a hopeless flat lander)
  • Options
    4wheeler4wheeler Member Posts: 3,441
    edited November -1
    WEYERHAEUSER CO. HAS A PLANT THERE,VISITED IT COUPLE TIMES. PEOPLE I MET WERE REAL NICE.
  • Options
    RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    218, How far is that from Logan? Thats where they ran me out of about 40 years ago! Rosie
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    218,If you ever get down Texas way, drop me a line. We'll throw some lead out in the cow pasture. Makes the milk taste better anyway.
    Save, research, then buy the best.Join the NRA, NOW!Teach them young, teach them safe, teach them forever, but most of all, teach them to VOTE!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah 4wheeler,that plant is over in a town about 15 miles away called Heaters(cool name,huh?)Homer,I bought 71-1/2 acres up there,figured if I was gunna be in debt,I might as well have somethin` ta show for it. Groundhogdevistation,it`s in the middle of the state..the exact center.Oh yeah,your name reminds me of somethin`,my wife rented "Groundhog day"with Bill Murrey,gotta go whach it with her.Fairmont??...Hey rem,Mrs.Rembrandt wouldn`t be the lovely Mary Lou Retton...would she??HAHAHA....218.218
    Did somebody say somethin` about bees?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Rosie,it`s only 60 to 70 miles,and a straight shot at that.Dheffley,how`s that smokin` jacket fittin`?.218
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Getting a little loose since the heart attack, but I've got about 40 lbs. of dear sausage and chili in the freezer. As soon as the doctor gives the OK, I'll fill it up again!
    Save, research, then buy the best.Join the NRA, NOW!Teach them young, teach them safe, teach them forever, but most of all, teach them to VOTE!
  • Options
    k.stanonikk.stanonik Member Posts: 2,109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey 218, I am supposed to be in Parkersburg some time in june, might come over and say hi
  • Options
    edited November -1
    k.stanonik,I wish I could,but the only time I ever get up that way is in deer season,didn`t even make it this past winter The problem is I live in Flarda. .218[This message has been edited by 218Beekeep (edited 03-21-2002).]
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We're in the booming metropolis of Bunker Hill, WV. Find I-81 and go to exit 5 in WV.That's us. Mudge the transplant
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    beekeep, I have family in Martinsburg, How far are you from there?
  • Options
    deceedecee Member Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I drive US 19 4 times a year on my way to Florida from Toronto. Nice area but its a well known fact and published in the Toronto Star that the cops are crooked in Summersville. They will stop an out of state vehicle for doing 56 mph. Fines go directly to the town. Just warning
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Decee,that`s a fact about them Summersville cops..they`re everywhere.You probably drive within 8 miles of my place,if your go down 79 before getting on 19.Also,we probably travel the same route from Flarda..77 a lot of the way.JustC,that`s cousin mudge`s neck of the woods yer talkin` about. .218
  • Options
    groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    Mudge, I travel that road a lot!! I work for a company that's in Jersey Shore PA. and have to travel 81 to go to the office. Next time I'm coming thru, I'llgive you a post. Maybe we can meet!! Everybody looks the same on this computer screen till you actually meet them!! Jersey Shore is just own 220 out of Williamsport...the home of the 1000yd Benchrest Club. It's a hot little bed of accuracy nuts!!!!
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mudge, how far from Martinsburg?
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Mudge, I live about an hour from you and get thru there a good bit. Might have to slip down some weekend. GD, do you belong to the club and do you shoot there? I would love to try shooting that far but I don't think we can see 1000 yds here much less shoot.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    11 miles south. Our Post Office is Bunker Hill but we're actually closer to Inwood. If you get off I-81 at Rt.51 (exit 5), follow 51 east for about 3 miles and that's us.Mudge the topographer
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,086 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BeeKeep, I am in Albuquerque, that is kinda in the way western part of West By God Virginia. Anyway if you drift over this far west, I'll buy the Starbucks.He Dog the humorous
  • Options
    edited November -1
    He Dog....Spent 3 1/2 lovely years in Albuquerque (Kirtland). That was when you could go 6 blocks north or south off Central Ave. and be in the desert. Used to ride horses all through the Sandia's and Manzano's. Not much of the Manzano's 'cause there was that nuclear stuff they kept in those holes. Understand if I tried that today, I'd be in somebody's back yard. Gotta admit, 66W out of town was a great road to get the old Indian up to speed. Straight as a string.....forever Mudge the geezer ps. Wouldn't mind making a visit someday. Just to see how it's changed.
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS![This message has been edited by mudge (edited 03-22-2002).]
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,086 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mudge it has grown. Now extends to the east side of the mountains and to Belen and Placitas. The metro pop. is about 500K or 1/3 the population of the state. Still just a big cowtown really. You stop by and I'll buy the coffee!He Dog the magnanimous
  • Options
    LightningLightning Member Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm in southern WV about half-way between Bluefield and Beckley. Northern part of Mercer Co. Near Camp Creek State Forest.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Lightning,I remember we talked about this before...I`ll try to check in with ya one day,I travel up 77 to 19,then to 79 momentarily...It`s about 28 miles north of Summersville..218
  • Options
    6MMX2846MMX284 Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey all! I am right here in Keyser, WV. This is in the eastern panhandle of the state, rt 220 runs right through our town, and rt 50 sets just south of us. RT 50 connects us to Winchester, VA and 220 runs through Cumberland, MD and up into Bedford, PA. Anyone who is Pro-Gun, is always welcome. We have some great hunting up this way, just picked up two deer heads from the local taxidermist yesterday, nice 8 and 9 point, both taken a year ago on our private ground. We also have over 5000 acres of state and private ground available to hunt, if you are looking for a friend in West Virginia, here I am....have a great day...swishman
    In God We Trust...All Others Cash!