In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Veterans, I Salute You!

KadaverKadaver Member Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
Blackhawk down, We were soldiers!For those who haven't seen these movies, SEE THEM!!! I saw We Were Soldiers last week (tears were rolling for at least half of the movie) and Blackhawk Down tonight.I was previously unfamiliar with the battle which We Were Soldiers centered apon so I am not sure if it accuratly represents what happened (although i am sure it was very accurate as it was discussed in the magazine VFW as a correct representation), but i followed the Somali war closely when it was happening and saw all the documentaries on the incident in Blackhawk Down, and it was perfectly represented i thought. For what our servicemen and women do for our country, I am forever grateful, and only wish that i could stand next to you on the field of battle. But since i am unable to, I am honored to be among you, and shake the hand of all I have met.All I can say is....To: All active members in all branches of the military service, All retired members, and All veterns past present and future, and especially those who have died in service of this great country.... I Salute you, and I Thank you for your presence, your service, and most of all, your sacrifices. THANK YOU~Ryan Koffler, (medically rejected from the Armed Forces)

Comments

• idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To all members and former members of the Armed forces that have served in times of war and have first-hand experience with situations depicted in the afore-mentioned films, thank you. You are my inspiration.
  • airborneairborne Member Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks, being an ex Airborne, Ranger, that served two tours in Vietnam with 5th Special Forces, it makes my heart feel good to know there are individuals that appreciate what we did. Only wish there were more of us that served to acknowledge your appreciation, but they may be better off in that "big drill field in the sky".
    B - BreatheR - RelaxA - AimS - SightS - Squeeze[This message has been edited by airborne (edited 03-27-2002).]
  • BoltactionManBoltactionMan Member Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Thanks Kadaver! I was a Viet Nam vet, and returned home station in Kalifornia. Got in hot water when I had a very violent reaction after a hippie spat on me and called me a baby killer. 6 weeks in the brig and lost a strip. Never was thanked for my service prior to becoming a member here, but board members have made thanks to vet's several times here. Things got better when I got out and returned home to Texas. Folks here always seemed to respect those who served. I left Texas a couple of times since following jobs, but I've always returned. I'm glad folks in the rest of the country are starting to realize that those who serve are friends, not foe's. Never forget those who serve in law enforcement. It's becoming more and more a simular job. My thanks to all, Military, Police, and Fire.
    Save, research, then buy the best.Join the NRA, NOW!Teach them young, teach them safe, teach them forever, but most of all, teach them to VOTE!
  • Submariner .Submariner . Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    THE PRIDE I HAVE IN BEING A VETERAN AND BEING ABLE TO SERVE MY COUNTRY IS RIGHT UP THERE WITH MY WIFE AND KIDS.TO ALL OF MY BROTHERS IN ARMS-PROUD TO BE YOUR BROTHER
    Truck Driver,Submarine Veteran,Rusty Wallace fan,and piss poor typist E-MAIL WNUNLEY@USIT.NET
  • moparmopar Member Posts: 338 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've never been in the military myself,buthave always been grateful to all men and women who served in ANY branch from WWI to present day. You're the ones that have kept our country safe and at times have made the ultimate sacrifice in order to keep it that way. I salute you all,and want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to each and everyone of you!!! Sincerely mopar
  • 6MMX2846MMX284 Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well said and long overdue. As a veteran from the Persian Gulf, I am proud to be associated with all of the veterans and military personel that I run across on this forum. I want to thank all of those who fought in the wars and conflicts that I missed. A special thanks to those Vietnam Vets who may have returned to a country that was mixed in emotions, had ideas of what may or may have not happened, and did not give you the respect that you deserved, I thank you you from the bottom of my heart. My short tour of the gulf was a cake walk compared to what some faced in Vietnam, and many who gave the ultimate sacrifice and are not here to read this today, may God Bless you all. I cant speak for everyone but you are the cream of the crop in my book and are always welcome....sincerely ....swishman
    In God We Trust...All Others Cash!