In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How To Reload, Help

Dean_zDean_z Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited October 2001 in General Discussion
I have been shooting for some time now. As we all know ammo is expensive. I was looking for either a book or video or both on how to reload. I have never done it and dont even know where to start, what is needed, etc. I am looking to reload 9MM, 45ACP and 44 Magnum.Thanks,Deandmzl@netzero.net

Comments

• Options
    Shootist3006Shootist3006 Member Posts: 4,171
    edited November -1
    Dean, see my response on the 'Experts' board. Short answer - get help from a friend who knows what he is doing.Here is my response from the 'experts' board:"Dean, while it is possible (many do) to learn to reload on your own, it is better to find a friend who reloads and learn from him. Better yet - 2 friends. You not only get the benefit of their experience but a chance to try different equipment before you buy.What ever you do, buy at least 2 reloading books and study them before you do anything. The Hornady book has a particularly good section on the basics."
    Quod principi placuit legis habet vigorem.Semper Fidelis[This message has been edited by Shootist3006 (edited 10-11-2001).]
  • Options
    Andrew AdamsAndrew Adams Member Posts: 227 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In addition to what Shootist said: I would also buy a Speer Reloading Manual and read it cover to cover. Not only does it provide tons of information about reloading, you will also learn new things about a wide variety of cartridges.Whether you want to reload or not, a good reloading manual is great reading.
    When you want to dial long distance...AT&T, .223, or Jeremiah 33.3?
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dean have you checked your local library? Is there a gun club near you? Your local gun shop can help you on this. I learned to reload on my own when I was young and foolish. Now that I'm old and foolish I don't recommend it. Learn first, then do. Above all stay safe.
    So many guns to buy. So little money.
  • Options
    Dean_zDean_z Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for all the info everybody has been very helpful. Keepem coming.