In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

a Boy and his squirrel

arthur wellingarthur welling Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
edited January 2002 in General Discussion
We gave our middle son his first shotgun for Christmas. Been out hunting several times since, today he got his first squirrel.Can you guess he's a bit excited?LOL......

Comments

• Options
    Judge DreadJudge Dread Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you teached him the law ....Eat what you hunt & don't get eaten by what you are hunting,if you cannot carry it don't shoot it ,if "it" tries to carry you better shoot before you get carried away... Hope he haves fun... good hunting !
    M=MC?/(T/T)
  • Options
    OtomanOtoman Member Posts: 554
    edited November -1
    How old is he? Your middle son not Dread?
  • Options
    arthur wellingarthur welling Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Otoman,13. The rat is in the freezer and I am looking up recipes for a special meal now.
  • Options
    sandman2234sandman2234 Member Posts: 894 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Aw yes, the first squirrel, remember it well. Tell Him congradulations on a fine hunt.
    Have Gun, will travel
  • Options
    .250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No, dano, it's not an X-rated flick! It's the latest liberal NEA sex-ed film! "We know kids are gonna do it..."
  • Options
    timberbeasttimberbeast Member Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats to you and your son!! I have a son and a daughter whose first squirrels I remember, and two more (son and daughter) to go!! High-fives to your boy from Wisconsin!!!
  • Options
    CAndres35CAndres35 Member Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BE CAREFULL, HE MAY GET AS STUCK ON SQUIRREL HUNTING AS MUCH AS ME. I WOULD RATHER GO SQUIRREL HUNTING THAN ALMOST ANYTHING. HAD A BAD YEAR THIS YEAR AAND STILL MANAGED TO GET 65. THEY ARE REALY TASTY. I HAVE HAD THEM FRIED, BAKED, CROCK POTED,IN CHILE,IN STEW ETC. CLEAN THE HEAD AND WHEN COOKED YOU CAN PULL THE TOUNGE OUT THEN BREAK OPEN THE HEAD AND GET THE BRAIN OUT THEN YOU HAVE THE JOWL MEAT TO NIBBLE ON.. I KNOW SOME WILL THINK THIS IS ALL GROSS BUT IT WAS MY MOTHERS FAQVORITE PART OF THE SQUIRREL. NOTHING LIKE SQUIRREL GRAVY ON BISCUITS FOR BREAKFAST. CARL
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,628 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought it was the story of how Bill Met Hillary.....Congrats to your son....It is great to pass on the tradition....
  • Options
    Judge DreadJudge Dread Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Once there was this PETA member looking at a kid shooting at a squirrel in a nut tree.. In a desesperate tone he screamed EEEEYYY!darn KID shoot at the nutts instead ... The kid takes aim and fires a shot ..... A "nuttless" squirrel falls dead from the tree...
    M=MC?/(T/T)