In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How much should one pay for a used 4-wheeler?

bsebastbsebast Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
In another post you convinced me to let the deal on the 3-wheeler pass. Thanks for the advice. Now my problem is to find a 4-wheeler at a price I can afford. My neighbor's 3-wheeler could have been bought for about $500. I'm finding comparable used 4-wheelers priced at $3000 and up. I was hoping to get something servicable for $1500 or so, but that may not be possible.What do you think one should have to pay for a 350cc or 400cc 4-wheeler in reasonably good condition. It doesn't have to be a late model...I just don't want one that's been "ragged out."
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 bsebast@airmail.net

Comments

• Options
    tuckerd1tuckerd1 Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Look for a Honda 300 Fourtrax 4wd or 2wd. Last model produced in 2000. IMO these are the toughest and simplest 4 wheelers made to date. You should be able to find a very good one for $2000-3000. I have seen a few at these prices.
  • Options
    jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree the Honda 300 Fourtrax is the best 4-wheeler ever made. I wish I had kept the one I had insteading of buying the 2001 Honda Rancher.(So far doesn't seem near the 4-wheeler) Also, unless your are planning to ride in a lot of snow or deep mud I wouldn't give you two cents for a 4wd. I have ridden both a lot and the 4wd is a lot more awkard in tight spots and worthless in my opinion.
  • Options
    mhansonmhanson Member Posts: 79 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    be carefull when buying a used 3 or 4 wheelermost of them have had a hard life unless you know the person you are buying from and how it was taken care of. I have raced cycles & 4wheelers for 20 years they are all good just depends on what you want it to do. right now I have a polaris sportsman 500, I don't race anymore. personaly I think it is the best thing going independent suspension on all 4 wheels and a powerhouse of a motorif all you plan on doing is spinning circles in the driveway get a 2 wheel drive, if you want to run with the big dogs you better get 4 wheel drive and you can go just about anywere
  • Options
    sandman2234sandman2234 Member Posts: 894 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Selling a house, and taking a tradein of a four wheeler, giving a 1000. credit. I saw it, but haven't "examined" it. Hope I didn't screw up too badly. Guy used it to run over a farm, and last year to go to a hunting spot.
    Have Gun, will travel
  • Options
    magnumcreekranchmagnumcreekranch Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    try and buy one from a older person. They don't abuse them and usually don't use them as much. I have a Yamaha Kodiac. Love it. Auto, push button 4 wheel drive, 401 cc engine.
    NRA Life MemberHill Country ShooterBobby
  • Options
    sandman2234sandman2234 Member Posts: 894 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is a replyit's a 1995 Honda 300 that needs brakes. i still don't know if i want to sell it or not,but you can use it any time you want, if i need it i know where its at. the brakes work, they justsqueak-squeak-squeak-squeak-squeak-squeak-squeak-squeak-squeak-squeak-squeak-squeak -squeak-squeak-squeak-squeak-squeak-squeak-squeak-squeak-squeak-squeak-squeak-squeak-squeak-squeak-squeak-squeak-squeak-squeak-squeak-squeak-squeak-squeak-squeak-squeak-squeak-squeak-squeak-squeak-squeak-squeakWell, If he decides to sell it, what do you think?
    Have Gun, will travel
  • Options
    Judge DreadJudge Dread Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A formula is to calculate to the ? ammount of rust and wear and inversely multiply it for what the owner think its worth....