In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Who Agrees With This

elmos608elmos608 Member Posts: 124 ✭✭✭
edited November 2001 in General Discussion
I was reading a typical handgun magazine the other day when I came across an article I found somewhat controversial. In the article the Author made a statement that overall, Single Action Shooter's are better shots then Double Action and Double Action/Single Action shooter's. The Author also said that Single Action shooter's tended to be better shots at greater distance and at partially exposed targets. I can understand his theory, but I don't necessarily agree with it. I thought I would post this and see what you guys had to say about it.

Comments

• Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It stands to reason that single action shooting is a bit more accurate than double action. Double action requires a longer and generally stronger pull. This inherently pulls the point of aim to one side.Be that as it is may, an expert shot could make this statement a lie.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,960 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think the badboy went right to the heart of it.
  • Options
    22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    I will have to agree that as a whole but I sure there are exceptions. I know when I shoot double action I tend to shoot low and to the left. When I really want to punch out the black I will shoot my double, single action.
    Home of the Blue AngelsProviding a home for discontinued .22 Revolvers and PistolsNRA & 2nd Amendment Sisters MemberNever miss a good chance to shut up (Will Rogers)
  • Options
    Judge DreadJudge Dread Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For close range combat i go for double actionfor long range single,but what is the stuffabout gun issue? if all doble actions can beused single action by pulling the hammerback. ( Quite stupid ? ) Double action guns are better in all cases!
    I judge Thee!, Not for what you are , but for what you say !