In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

BATF Now Getting Their Mail

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,018 ******
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
I got this the other day from the BATF. If it has been previously posted, then I apologize. It seems that the BATF branch that processes ALL license and renewal applications, even C&R, has had no mail since October 1. This might explain the delays some of you have experienced. All mail was held and "decontaminated." According to the letter, the mail is now starting to arrive, but there will be a backlog.
Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the premier gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!

Comments

• Options
    Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got the same letter. Decontaminated? I have a better theory. It is my belief that Reptilian Gnomes have been working their way into the BATF's mailbox. They are then eating all applications in the box, leaving only the Reptilian Gnome Droppings behind. BATF agents are still stupified as to how they are supposed to "read" the Gnome Droppings and process the applications.
  • Options
    bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i recieved a letter from them 11-20-01(dated)stating they havent recieved mail since 10-25-01.then it goes on to say this only applies to mail sent to or through wash.,d.c.atlanta mail is running normally.maybe they send different letters to different areas of the country?if so, everything is normal & i can wait another 4 ms. for my c&r license. grrrr
  • Options
    Judge DreadJudge Dread Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Reptilian Gnomes ,I held the idea they were running the white house now ? Take a good look in the president ashtrays....sometimes they shed their skins in them (also the droopings !)
    Ignis Natura Renovatur Integram