In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Another hunting accident

HAL-9000HAL-9000 Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
I'm sorry, I said this was a hunting accident, in reality it was no accidentAnother dufus firing his rifle into the brush, heard something moving, thought it was a deer............It was his son...........who is now dead!I don't know how this can happen.HAL

Comments

• Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Happens every year. There is no cure for stupidity and ignorance.
  • Options
    simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
    Death. Too bad the wrong one always dies.
  • Options
    PETA LIVES!PETA LIVES! Member Posts: 4
    edited November -1
    Peta told you hunting is bad, but you just won't listen....That is because Peta is an idiot. No one listens to idiots.PETA HAS BELCHED.....so it is a kitten, so it shall be dumb.....[This message has been edited by nunn (edited 12-12-2001).]
  • Options
    Fletch21Fletch21 Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    PETA can suck my #### they are good for nothing and have no good points. just because of a very few stupid people hunting is not bad and should and will go on forever
  • Options
    turboturbo Member Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Peta, Who was hunting? The man who killed his son, did it by acting very irreponsibly with a loaded firearm.You implying he was hunting his son, how absurd..By the way your previews post concerning the reindeer was poofed 'cause you again failed to post the whole story. One more and your outahere.[This message has been edited by turbo (edited 12-11-2001).]
  • Options
    beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where did it happen? Too bad it wasn't a PETA activist that got popped. Beach
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    I can not for the life of me figure out why anyone would shoot at something they could not identify. It goes beyond stupid. And why is it that idiots who normally can hit the broad side of a barn are able to hit an unidentified moving target on the first shot?
  • Options
    john carrjohn carr Member Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's been going on forever. I read in an old American Rifleman magazine about when in 1948, I believe, Colorado had an over population of deer and elk and ran a special in which you could take a deer and an elk for the price of an elk license, and advertised this. An army of hunters converged on Colorado. Storekeepers recounted stories of the "hunters" coming into their store asking what caliber their rifles were and did they have ammo for it. Many of them were going up into higher altitudes but were clothed lightly and wearing dress shoes. A storekeeper asked one if he had matches, and the reply was "I don't smoke." They asked one if he had seen any game and he replied that he hadn't seen any but had gotten off several "sound shots" implying that he had fired into bushes and brush at something he had heard. It's a great article and anyone concerned for his safety during hunting season should read it.
  • Options
    Judge DreadJudge Dread Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Adrenaline pumping,eagerness to be the first,the heat of the race and finaly putting aside all safety rules is just an open road to a "heck" of tragic events... Once you see one you know what i am talking about...
    Ignis Natura Renovatur Integram
  • Options
    timberbeasttimberbeast Member Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    An idiot, to be sure. But no different than the person who drives drunk and kills another, or the person talking on the cellphone, or the person who cannot control an automobile due to illness, old age, or inexperience. Millions are killed in automobile accidents. Many more than are killed by stupidity with a firearm. One cannot logically link an idiot with a gun to all gunowners any more than one can link an idiot with a car with all car owners. But one CAN link all members of PETA with eco-terrorists who believe that the earth and its cute animals and trees are more important than human life. If they really believed that people were the scourge of the earth, they would eliminate themselves. Anything else is self-serving hypocrisy, and obviously a sign of someone with way too much time on their hands and no common sense to back ANY of it up. Had venison roast tonight. I do believe I'm going to have to blackpowder hunt this year, as my first Bambi is disappearing fast!!
  • Options
    simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
    Ditto to the Beast.
  • Options
    Judge DreadJudge Dread Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yea! lets go out there and hunt Bambi down !I like it well done and spicy ! Bambi burgers anyone ? ,, Yummm Yummm ! BURRRRRP!
    Ignis Natura Renovatur Integram