In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Marines resurrect M-14 in Afghanistan.

ED PED P Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
That's what it appears to be in the picture, from the gas piston and foreend it's definitely not the accurized Remington, though the stock appears to have a pistol grip. Judge for yourselves and correct me if I'm wrong. http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2001/images/12/24/top.rifle.ap.jpg

Comments

• Options
    will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    M-21?
    Eat healthy, exercise, avoid smoking........Die anyway. will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~[This message has been edited by will270win (edited 12-24-2001).]
  • Options
    ED PED P Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I read they redesignated the National Match M-14 as the M-21. Maybe a new stock. That gas piston and foreend couldn't be too many other rifles.I wonder if they'd had them available already or they were a last minute acquisition.[This message has been edited by ED P (edited 12-24-2001).]
  • Options
    Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    M21 would be my guess as well.
  • Options
    will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    We keep the M-21 in the armory for our DM's.
    Eat healthy, exercise, avoid smoking........Die anyway. will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    Judge DreadJudge Dread Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its M21 (back to the old 19 tech) or end purchasing AK47 from USSR....
    Ignis Natura Renovatur Integram