In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

My observations at the airport

GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
edited November 2001 in General Discussion
Ok, just got back from the airport. Went from MSP to ORD to IAD and back and here are a few of my observations.Saw about anywhere from 1 to 3 National Guard guys at any of the airports. They either had M9's or M16's but I seriously wonder if they were actually allowed to have a round in the chamber.If you had an eticket all you needed was a print out from the computer (plus your photo id) to get to the gates. Anyone with knowledge of email and/or html could put together a ficticous email and print it out.Going through the medal detector my boots set it off so the security guy did a pretty thorough going over me with the wand (I can already imagine the jokes from that statement :-) . Now I don't know whether the wand beeping varies with the amount of medal but the thought occurred to me that someone could possibly put a box cutter under the insole of their shoe.Just before boarding the plan they randomly picked 1 or 2 people to search their carry on baggage. Luck of the draw I guess!Had to show my goverment issued picture ID (state drivers lic) either 3 times or just once at each airport. No one hassled me even though it's severly worn right across the middle of where my picture is.Overall, did I feel any safer? Not really. Guess I saw too many loop holes in the system and don't expect it to change when you have the fox guarding the hen house. Privatized security is never going to pass the test because it all boils down to $$.