In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Whats your favorite scary movie?

Gene B.Gene B. Member Posts: 892 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2001 in General Discussion
Whats your favorite scary movie, mine are "IT" which is about a evil clown, which is very scary, and the other is "The Cellar" which is about a creature the indains made to kill the white man, but it turned on the indians so they put it in a cave underground or something like that, and thay put spears that were blessed by a medicine man, all around the area so it would stay down there. But a family moved into a house which its cellar is conected to where the monster was placed. And over the next few days the boy starts pulling out all the spears which keep it down there until he finally takes them all out, and thats when the monster comes out, and when it starts to get scary. Its a really good movie, you should rent it.

Comments

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    tightbredtightbred Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dee Snider's STRANGELAND.
  • Options
    Bubba JoelBubba Joel Member Posts: 5,161
    edited November -1
    The Wizard of 'OZ'.....I still wake up at night and think that wicked ole witch is going to get me.......Damn, I need a doc...
    I wouldn't mind being the last man on earth-just to see if all of those girls were telling me the truth....
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Krag96Krag96 Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Wag the Dog", too close to the truth of U.S. politics.
  • Options
    ibtruknibtrukn Member Posts: 443 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "The Uninvited" starred Ray Milland. Prally before your time.honest
  • Options
    Gene B.Gene B. Member Posts: 892 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The mondter in the cellar scared the crap out of me for years, and still does
  • Options
    gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    It may not be a movie but any time some one talks about gun control and they are not talking about hitting your target. All of that is pretty scarry to me. Oh yea and any time I see a Clinton any Clinton on TV. My 2 cents.
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The scariest movie I had seen (up to that time) was "The Thing From Outer Space" I was about 12-13 when I saw it. Had to walk home, in the dark, about a half mile up a road with woods on both sides. EVERY LITTLE SOUND!!! ya' know what I mean?Mudge
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • Options
    gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My ex-wife on a home video.
  • Options
    bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    house of wax in 3-d circa 1955.
  • Options
    mlincolnmlincoln Member Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Exorcist was amazing, both the book and the movie. Read the book in grad school and slept with the lights on that night.I've heard Rosemary's Baby is also very frightening, but I've never seen it.I think the first Nightmare on Elm Street was very scary, not as disturbing as the Exorcist but just as scary.And, Jaws scared me senseless. We went to Cape Cod when I was little and I couldn't get it out of my mind. Went into the water just over my ankles.
  • Options
    metzmetz Member Posts: 121 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Klintons swearing in.AlienJawsExorcist(which begins in Iraq, Hmmmm?)both versions of The ThingNot really a movie but there was an old series called "The night stalker" with Darrin Mcgavin or something like that and he was Kolschak a reporter and there was this one episode about a zombie vampire something or other and he was burning these candles and filled the critters mouth with salt and was sewing it's mouth shut when the eyes pop open. I was maybe ten, Alzheimers will not erase that memory. Scared me something fierce. Series was kinda corny, but was entertaining.AndyThat gets the award for longest compound sent.Anyone have thoughts on the Exorcist begining in Iraq, I have always thought that was at least curious. The part I refer to is the opening sequence in the desert they are doing an excavation of some sort and find this ugly little idol/statuette. The root of all evil?[This message has been edited by metz (edited 10-31-2001).]
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Since the beginning of villages and towns, Iraq has been inhabited. Babylon was in what is now Iraq. Thus, for those seeking and studying ancient civilizations it is a natural site, though certainly not the only one. If more recent world events had centered elsewhere, you would never have thought of it again. Besides it was JUST a movie. This is certainly more a measure of just how successful that movie was in disturbing all of us, than any historical portent of evil to come. I repeat, it was just a movie (and of course Saddam is a toon!).
  • Options
    .250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would have to say "The Omen" series certainly has to rank, and that one started at an archeological dig in the Mideast as well. "The Blob" freaked me out for months as a kid (the Steve McQueen one), and more recently, "The Serpent and the Rainbow."
  • Options
    rodgergliderodgerglide Member Posts: 184 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have to say "The Shining" really works for me.Kubrick's vision was not strictly true to the book by Stephen King,but close enough that I watch it every so often with the lights off.Jack Nicholson's slow descent into madness is a cinimatic thing of beauty...all typing and no shooting makes Rodger a dull boy,all typing and no shooting makes Rodger a dull boy,all typing and no shooting makes Rodger a dull boy...now,where did I leave that fire-ax...
  • Options
    royc38royc38 Member Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "The Changeling" with George C. Scott. If you have never seen it you can get it at blockbuster. You won't be sorry. Next would be the original "The Thing".
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    #1: Not a movie - episode of McGiver in which he goes up against a group of vicious, murderous, racist skinheads and the writers use it as a platform to promote gun control. Of course, that is also Richard Dean Anderson's own political view also.#2: Any mass media presentation in which the firearms are the villian and anyone owning same is an evil individual. #3 The original "The Haunting" - no blood or gore, just good cinematography.
  • Options
    jazzjazz Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Eight lonnnng years of Clinton!!
  • Options
    Mark IIMark II Member Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1. Wag the Dog2. 1984 (the book, not the movie, which I haven't seen even if there is one.)3. a History Channel documentary on Jack the Ripper. I saw it late on a friday night, in my first house all by myself. Kept Mr. Glock's invention close by, let me tell you. That Jack did more damage with a blade than I ever saw a bullet do.
    "To meet with ill fortune is to meet with good fortune. To meet with submission is to meet an enemy."
  • Options
    timberbeasttimberbeast Member Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll go for "The Changeling" or "Don't Look Now" with Donald Sutherland. No blood or guts, just scary stuff!!!
  • Options
    GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    metz was right, Night Stalker was pretty scary. Scared the crap out of me when I was a kid the one time I saw it. I've always wanted to track that episode down and see if it's really that scary now!Can't think of any particular movie that was completely scary, but American Werewolf in London was pretty scary when the 2 guys got lost on the moors. The way that w-wolf howled would turn my hair white if I was outside at night and heard something like that.