In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Semi auto HK SP-89

Gene B.Gene B. Member Posts: 892 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
I probley wont get one of these in a long long time, so if and when I do get one I just wanted to ask some questions about it. Is it considered a class 3 weapon? And is it legal to put a foregrip on it? And if I do put a foregrip on it, will that make it a class 3?

Comments

• Options
    GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No it's not class 3, but you can't put a foregrip on it without going through the red tape. I'm not sure if that makes it class 3 or AOW. If AOW then the cost of the tax is cheap. $5 I think.

Easy to find them for sale, but the price isn't realistic. Guess that's why I see so many of them for sale. Around $2800-3000 is a pretty decent price but mostly you see people are asking $3500-4500. Once again, that's why there so easy to find.

Now if you're interested in a cheaper alternative, Special Weapons LLC is making a clone, the SW89. And it's barely a clone. They have to use light weight components to get under the 50oz max weight. Also, no regular shroud over the barrel. So,

Pro:
    1/3 - 1/4 the cost of a real SP89

Con:
    Some spare parts might be hard to come by since they're probably not standard HK components