In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Blackhawk Down

Gene B.Gene B. Member Posts: 892 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2002 in General Discussion
What brand and model of rifle was the sniper using in the movie Blackhawk Down to defend the downed Blackhawk which was later overran by somalians?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Besides the original series of Philadelphia Inquirer articles, this has links to interviews, pics, videos, audio files of radio traffic, etc.

http://inquirer.philly.com/packages/somalia/sitemap.asp
  • Options
    edited November -1
    just finished the book for the second time.and watched the movie for the 20th time.both stories are different so i got online for more info found this site.
    http://inquirer.philly.com/packages/somalia/biovideo.asp#NELSON

and it started to come togther more

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    1USAirForce.gifdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Anybody else looking forward to this? I want to see it but at the same time I don't: I still can't get those awful images from Somolia out of my mind. Seeing those poor fellows dragged through the street left me depressed and angry for weeks. I read the book a couple years ago and thought it was great, but again it just left me furious. Such a loss of so many good men.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Anybody watch the "True Story of BlackHawk Down, Somalia" on the History Channel last night? Wow, what an amazing program.I am absolutely amazed at the utter chaos in that country. And, even more amazed that our former leader, Klinton, pulled our men out of a country after 18 people died fighting there. We should have unleased Hell's fury on those useless anarchists after what happened.Anyway, it was a good program. If I get the chance I'm going to go see Hollywood's version in the next few days.G36
    Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT Criminals
  • Options
    Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Springfield Armory M1A with a forward mounted Aimpoint scope.

Stand And Be Counted
  • Options
    boeboeboeboe Member Posts: 3,331
    edited November -1
    The Springfield Armory Inc M1A may have been the prop gun used on the movie set, but the gun actually used for this purpose had a forged receiver, not a cast one. I recall seeing the M14E2 in the movie, the military is still using M14s for special purposes.

The Springfield Armory Inc. that owns the M1A trademark isn't the same Springfield Armory who built so many fine firearms for the military over the years.

To err is human, to moo is bovine.
  • Options
    GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1