In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Rochester, NY gunshow

woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
edited March 2004 in General Discussion
March 27th & 28th
Saturday 9:00am-4:00pm
Sunday 9:00am-3:00pm

Admission $6.00
Children under 10yrs old not admited.

I know I can talk pabooger into coming. He better drag a few of those Harrisburg people with him.

How about a few others??
hdwrench?
nord?
Tazzmutt?
Roboman?
Josey1?

And any others I may have left out.

If any of you plan on attending please let me know. I'm back to working 2 jobs and need to know in advance so I can ask for the day off.

Woods

Hamlin.gif

rockin_lg_clr.gif

Comments

• paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Woods Im gonna do my darndest to make it!!!

Im not sure if Rochester is ready for the Harrisburg crew!!![:D] In fact Im not sure I am either!!![^][:0]
    Pa.

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

Kids that fish, hunt and trap have never mugged any old ladies!

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • robomanroboman Member Posts: 6,436
    edited November -1
    I'll definitely go. Do they have a good selection at the shows usually? I'd sure as heck love to me Josey1 and some of the Harrisburg crew. Not too sure they want to meet me though! [8)][:I][}:)][:0][B)]

signew.JPG

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..."
    edited November -1
    Yep it's a pretty good sized show, but I highly doubt if any of the Harrisburg crew could make it, it's a real long haul for most of them!!!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

• flat8flat8 Member Posts: 887 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I might be able to make it to that one. Rochester is only about 2 hours north of here.
    edited November -1
    Flat:: Rochester is a whole lot further than 2 hours from N.Y.C.!!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pabooger
    Flat:: Rochester is a whole lot further than 2 hours from N.Y.C.!!

[:I][:I]

pa you are correct sir, Rochester is damn near Buffalo!![:I][:I]

When I read it I was thinking of the gun show in Poughkeepsie NY on March 20-21 - which I have been planning to attend. THAT one is only 2 hours from me in NYC![:D][:D]
  • deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rochester is Exactily 8 1/2 hours from NYC. Thats going top speed
    and 2 quick coffee breaks[:0].If i were to do it again i would leave the city at around 10:00PM and be there by breakfast with little or no traffic.Its a LOOOOOONG haul Buddy [^]

use_deer.jpg96EB.jpg
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well guys I got a vote by email for the 27th. I've also taken that day off from the restaraunt. Sunday I'll have to work most of the day, but might catch a couple hours towards the end.(I can do that, I'm a member and get in free[:D])

So BTT for this. Who's in for saturday??

Woods

Hamlin.gif

rockin_lg_clr.gif
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    I cant make it but ill be there in spirit[:)]

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy
    edited November -1
    I know I already responded but I'll do it again for the record. I'll be there for sure. How are the Gunbroker people going to identify each other?

Also, it isn't legal for me to purchase a rifle from the show, is it? I'm a legal resident of Maine and I'm here in NY for college. Someone mentioned that being in college counted as being a NY resident though. I'm not sure....hoping someone could clarify for me! [^]

signew.JPG

edited November -1
    flat8 or any of the others from the NYC area. I got a spare bedroom with a twin bed and no heat, if you wanted to drive down, sleep over saturday night, then go back sunday. If you do though I may have a person in Brooklyn that needs a ride one way. coming up.

Woods

Hamlin.gif

rockin_lg_clr.gif
    edited November -1
    Robo;
    Do you have a student I.D. with a street address on it? If so you are probably legal for long guns. If not I have a friend that is an FFL and will be at the show. I'm sure that if you found a good deal he'd be willing to ship it to a FFL in Maine for you, for a small charge.

Woods

Hamlin.gif

rockin_lg_clr.gif
    edited November -1
    Woods: Baring any unforseen circumstances I will be there Saturday as well!! Wanna meet at the Cracker Barrel again for breakfast?
    Pa

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

edited November -1
    Robo;
    Actually now that I thought on it. You are legal as a non resident for long guns anyhow. I know the Booger bunch bought a couple M-1's at last winters show.

Also antiques are exempt. You never know what you'll find there. Besides guns there are always 2 new book sellers and 1 or more used book sellers. There is also several ammo dealers including one that brings all kinds of neat oddball stuff made by Fiochi.

As for finding each other. We'll just set a time and place to meet. When pabooger and I met we just did breakfast at the Cracker Barrel before the show. If that doesn't work my FFL buddy is usually easy to find because he's a big Dillon reloading dealer. He can point me out or page me.

pa;
    Cracker barrel works fine for me.
    Gonna bring Ma or Blackie or 270man?

Woods

Hamlin.gif

rockin_lg_clr.gif
  • BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    If I was back home, I'd surely stop by. Rochester's only about an hour away from my place in Norwich, NY.

But these days, DC's the place to be![:D]

"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate for an outright ban, picking up all of them, "Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in," I would have." -Sen. Dianne Feinstein

feinstein2.bmp
    edited November -1
    I doubt if Blackie and the boys will make it. Ill be bringing somebody with me just not sure yet who all wants to go!!!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

edited November -1
    Awwwww darnit Bullzeye, I was looking forward to possibly meeting you, honest!

Woodsrunner, I'd sure be happy if I was legal to buy some long guns. I've been saving up for something. Maybe I'll find something nice at the show![^] Though from what I've been hearing about deals at gunshows, there's not much chance [V].

signew.JPG

• njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Woodsie,

My dear friend, as much as I look forward to meeting ya someday, I cannot make the haul to Rochester...[:(]

Just happens that the huge Harrisburg show is the sameday. Not sure whether or not the Harrisburg authorities will allow us back there.

Too soon to make plans yet....

You guys have fun and talk about the members that aren't there. That's what we did in Harrisburg [:D][:D][:D]

njretcop@copmail.com

vic.jpg

Charlie
    edited November -1
    woodsrunner -

I really appreciate the offer of a spare room. March 27th is my girlfriend's birthday, and although she is supportive of this activity, I'd have a real hard time convincing her to make an 8 hour trip upstate. However, I will most likely be attending the show in Poughkeepsie on March 20-21. Anybody else going to make that show?
  • MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bullseye you need to come and see me , my shop is in Hancock NY and we have much better items and prices then Mayhood's. We could go to the Dan Wesson factory. By the way Rochester is about 5 to 6 hours from NYC.

God gave us all a gift. Have you found yours yet ?
    edited November -1
    Just took a look at my student ID, it has my photo and the school's address. If I combine this with my drivers license and maybe even my Selective Service card, I think I'm set! [^][^]

signew.JPG

edited November -1
    My buddies bought the m1's directly from the owner of the guns, so there was no hassle!!!

I bought my 17 from a dealer, up there, they just did the nics check and it was mine!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

• gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A big maybe for Gunpaq & Janie to attend. Just a few miles out of the way in route to Ontario. If it turns out to be my weekend to drive there's a good chance we will stop by.

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.
  • hdwrenchhdwrench Member Posts: 954 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    hey woods , i'll check on showing up . sunday is a better day for me usually but i'll see if i can get someone to watch the store for me .that way i can meet you before you move !!where is the cracker barrel ?and what time you guys meeting !

wrench.
    edited November -1
    The Cracker Barrel is on Hylan Dr right beside the exit from rt390. A 5 minute ride from the fairgrounds. If the gates are opening at 9:00 I'd say lets meet about 8:00-8:30. That will give the entry line a chance to go down some while we all eat breakfast.

I'm looking forward to meeting all you guys. Finding us at the restaraunt should be pretty easy. Both pabooger and I have posted our mugshots before.

Woods

Hamlin.gif

rockin_lg_clr.gif
    edited November -1
    I'm definitely looking forward to it too. I do hope that Josey1 makes an appearance! [^]

signew.JPG

edited November -1
    btt

It's only two weeks away!!

Woods

Hamlin.gif

rockin_lg_clr.gif

"... there is much truth in the Italian saying, 'Make yourselves sheep, and the wolves will eat you.'" -- Benjamin Franklin