In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

No powder or primers at the Richmond gun show!

poshposh Member Posts: 360 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
One of the main reasons I go to gun shows is to save the hazardous cargo charges on powder and primers. When I realized the were neither powder nor primers at the show, I asked a couple of sellers what happened. They both said the State fair people had imposed such onerous bond requirements to bring in small amounts that they couldn't afford to sell them. I'm going to e-mail Showmasters- the organizer and ask them to change venues. Has anyone else run into this? Is it the anti-gunners?

Comments

• 4wheeler4wheeler Member Posts: 3,441
    edited November -1
    Salem,Va. gun show had all the powder,primers last week,glad they did.

"Keep dangereous weapons out of the hands of fools-start with computers"
  • laxcoachlaxcoach Member Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I went today, also. By my estimate, fully 75% of the show was "flea market" stuff. No more fairgrounds shows for me !
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Rochester, NY show doesn't allow powder but does allow primers. I've never seen powder for sale at a show held in a govt owned arena. That's not a problem at most of the smaller shows though. Now that the owner of the gunshop that I bought most of my components through has retired. I just tack my small order onto my gun clubs trap league order. They order a bunch of powder and shot twice a year. I've also learned to order 4&8 pounders whenever possible.

Woods

Hamlin.gif