In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

One final giveaway

jujujuju Member Posts: 6,321
edited September 2003 in General Discussion
One last giveaway:

I give you my thanks for a real fun ride, I appreciate the support, and education I have gotten but its apparant now is the time to move on. I have found another board where the "intensity" is not so high and think I will hang out there for a spell.

That being said, I think I am gonna take a little vacation from these boards. Dont know how long, but for a spell.

The giveaway I am currently having I will e-mail the winner.

The one I am handling for an annomous member I will do whatever is necessary to ensure its successful completion(even posting about it if necessary).

Other than that, no more posts here on General Discussion and no more giveaways.

Just like family, I need to get away from you folks for a while.

I have too much stress at home and on the job to take any more crap here.

Its been fun, some of yall have my e-mail and can drop me a line if you feel like it.

7mmnut, I will get the hunting trip dates worked out with you.

Powder, see you in a few weeks

jjmitchell60 - stay in touch

DWS, its been educational

Bambi, thanks

Elect1mike, try to stay home for a while

The rest of you good people play nice and share your toys

JuJu (Adios)

Comments

• whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Long as you are going somewhere else, juju. It's not good to imbibe alone.

See ya when you get back.

Clouder..
  • interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    You'll bee back. Worked for me. Later dude.[:)]

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
  • Mr.PissyPantsMr.PissyPants Member Posts: 3,575
    edited November -1
    Take it easy juju. Don't stay away too long.

fb0d9d60.jpg

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • 4wheeler4wheeler Member Posts: 3,441
    edited November -1
    In my opinion some of you are getting way too excited. This is a only internet site although good one on most days.

juju,I believe you need to count to ten and relax,it will get better.
    If you do leave,you will be missed.

flag.gif
  • ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't stay away long!
    [:)]

ATF
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    come back soon

I yearn for the simpiler times when a man could crawl out of his cave , club a woman over the head and drag her back "
  • bsallybsally Member Posts: 3,165
    edited November -1
    Too bad you feel that way. Hope your time away is short.[:)]

SALLY
    Committee member-Ducks Unlimited
  • elect1mikeelect1mike Member Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Give me a email sometime. Take care and God bless.

bull.txt
    col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    O give me a home where no democrats roam
  • DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mike: Do what you have to, but hurry back. You're an island of Benadryl in a sea of Cat Scratch Fever.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Just as I'm starting to figure out some of you guys...you up and leave :-( I'm new here, so forgive my ignorance, but what exactly brought this on. You seemed glad to be here the other day, with your "giveaway" posts...I think I'm lost. Hope to see you back soon.

Eric

I found it...your reasons. I wouldn't let that stuff make you leave! You cannot let that kind of stuff bother you. The only reason that I did not know what was going on was b/c I just ignore threads that I am not interested in. I saw 270's post when he first made it, and I thought it was kind of lame too...so I just left it at that and did not re-visit it. I understand your point and I agree with it...some don't and won't...but please don't let that stop you from being an active member here. Just my .02[:)]
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Take care and come back soon, you are needed around here.

My heros have always killed cowboys.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sometimes, stepping away for a while, is the best medicine.
    It is too bad you feel you have to do that.
    Come back when you are ready.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't get all worked up,...sit back, take a deep breath,..and let it all go. It's a forum,..don't skip out too quickly. I for one enjoy your posts,....hope to see you soon.

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You will be sorely missed, I consider you a friend. [:(]
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    THE BACK STORY:

There was a not-funny "gotcha" joke thread about a giveaway. Juju, who is currently running a giveaway, asked whether the joker was just kidding, or trying to criticize the good works of the fun-loving, generous givers.

The joker responded, in short, "no, he was trying to be funny." Several posters said that while they weren't very appreciative or amused to be drawn to a fake giveaway thread, they weren't upset about the attempt at humor.

Then one of the poster's apparent relatives jumped in to defend the original poster with the rather righteous news (to me at least) that it was "just a 16-year-old kid," and how could you treat him so bad?

Now, I like everyone involved just fine, but I have to ask, if the joke wasn't very funny, the poster admitted as much, and no one but Kreskin could have divined that the poster's ID masked "just a 16-year-old kid," why does juju have to find himself on the defensive for asking what the intention was?

This is what I would call an escalated misunderstanding with the wrong people taking the high ground, and I don't think anyone deserves to have his feelings hurt over a "joke" that the concensus agreed should move the humorist to keep his day job.

juju, if you go, have a nice rest. See you back here sooner.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

lifepatch.giffortbutton2.gif
  • MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Juju,
    Don't let the bozos [:o)] get you down. Come back soon.

Merc

AMWB.jpg

"Tolerating things you may not necessarily like is part of being free" - Larry Flynt
  • jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
    edited November -1
    I will drop you an e-mail soon. I know that sometimes we all need a break but let it just be that, a short break. Take some time to think and as you know not all can have the same ideas or opinions. Many if not all of us disagree some on this board as to one thing or another but do not let it be the reason that you quit posting. You as well as everyone else on this board has a lot to contribute to the discussions. I came into the situation running blind this mourning so I will not comment as to it. I think that sometimes we all need to sit back and think or focus on something else now and again. I hope to see you back soon. I will keep in touch and you do the same. Take care friend.

God protect me from my friends, I can take care of my enemies...
  • oldgunneroldgunner Member Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Best to you..May you be blessed.

There are no bad guns, only bad people.
  • RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good Lord juju! I get deleted all the time but I'm not going to leave. I will just make mister Nunn squirm a little and keep on keeping on!
  • kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    Catch up to you when you get back, sometimes it helps to take a break. I even took a day or two off last week[;)]

Love them Beavers
    orst-title-1.gif

SUPPORT THE I.N.S. , THE COUNTRY THEY SAVE COULD BE YOUR OWN
  • ChadfromCanadaChadfromCanada Member Posts: 270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    can't you juggle the two forums?

CZ 750 S M1. Drool.
    CZ_750_S_M1.jpg
  • HangfireHangfire Member Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey juju- Won't be the same till you're back-Bob

Gun control is a steady hand
  • ArielleArielle Member Posts: 348 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Juju- don't stay away too long, I haven't had the chance to really know ya! Hurry back now, ya hear!!

Arielle

ok girls, let's get ready to look soooo good!

"In the mean time, keep sending me your emails and I will continue to make fun of you... I mean answer them..."
  • knucklehead14knucklehead14 Member Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    juju I hope ya don`t stay gone for too long.
  • victorlvlbvictorlvlb Member Posts: 5,004
    edited November -1
    I drop in post ,an don't keep up with most of the stuff going.I like this its fun most times.I hope I didn't have anything to do with you leaving JUJU.Nothing but the best to you .
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Hey Juju,
    I don't know you from Adam but I thought you were just a real nice fellow to hold the little giveaways.
    Never entered any but it was a nice gesture.
    Nobody pays your bills around here either so don't get your feelings hurt by a careless word or even a deliberate word.

Varied opinions and ideas are what keeps progress moving forward. Throw yourself a good three day drunk and come on back.

(Alcohol and guns don't mix)

You are your own best teacher. My advice is to question all things. Seek for answers, and when you find what seems to be an answer, question that too. L'Amour
  • TLynnTLynn Member Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    juju - take a rest and relax a bit and come back a bit down the road.

This place like every other place on the internet has it's ups and downs. Don't let the down parts get to you because it's just not worth it.

Take care.
  • wizard78wizard78 Member Posts: 3,144
    edited November -1
    juju, the real nice thing about this forum is the variety of opinions. If only one opinion (other than our affiliation with guns) were to dominate, it would get boring enough that all would leave. I don't really know you, but I believe you bring a perspective to this forum that makes everyone think a little more about the subjects. I might not agree with your ideas, but because I'm new to this forum, I believe I will loose a bit of knowledge by not haveing your input and perspective. I hope your sabatical is a short one. [8D]

Fight Crime, Shoot First
  • trooperchintrooperchin Member Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sheesh, hope to see you soon![:D]

d852d797.jpg

Go Army Beat Navy
    IF you wanna have fun join the cavalry
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Going down to Valdosta next month or so. Have not decided wether to continue to New Smyrna or hang a right to the Bama border to see my kin.I'll look you up if its a southbound decision. Take care.

Bigdaddy[who will miss JuJu]jr.

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    If you're still reading the mail, don't be discouraged; you can't steal second without leaving first!

G505 (who was gonna do the JuJu thing, but BDJr. beat me to it)

If you know it all; you must have been listening.WEAR EAR PROTECTION!
  • Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    Juju,

Blow it off, it's water under the bridge. Like I posted earlier for David Nunn....

"If I were to try to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for any other business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out all right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right would make no difference." - Abraham Lincoln

NSDQ!

"To every man, there comes in his lifetime, that special moment when he is figuratively tapped on the shoulder and offered a chance to do a very special thing, unique to him and fitted to his talents;What a tragedy if that moment should find him unprepared or unqualified for the work which would be his finest hour." --Sir Winston Churchill--
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm seriously considering joining you JuJu...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Stormtrooper 13Stormtrooper 13 Member Posts: 236 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's been an interesting ride.
    Catch you at another intersection
    in the road of what we consider life.
    See ya when I see ya.

qman_lr_105t.jpg

Only the strong shall survive !!!
  • stanmanstanman Member Posts: 3,052
    edited November -1
    Juju,
    If you take the time to point out to an idiot that they're an idiot, you'll always get another idiot coming to the first idiot's defense.
    Of course, 60% of the american public are idiots and the biggest idiots are usually the ones that want to tell the rest of us idiots how to behave.
    They obviously stand on much higher moral ground.
    It's a time honored tradition here at Gunbroker.
    Well, it has been for the last couple of years anyhow.
    Don't be a stranger.
  • bmbuzlrbmbuzlr Member Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "What other people think of me is none of my business."- Oprah Winfrey

"What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith,1787.
    If God didn't want us to eat animals, then he wouldn't have made them out of meat.
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can understand, I have another forum I go camp on every now and then. Sometimes this place gets to be a little much. When that happens you just gotta take a break. Please do come back because there are those of us that will miss you.

Woods