In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Single shot revolver ?

Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,889 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
You don't see these too often:

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=15480455

avitar.jpg
Semper Fi

Remember Ruby Ridge.

Experience is the best teacher and usually charges accordingly.
I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly

Comments

• leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Interesting. I've never seen one. Probably isn't really collectable or anything, but I'd buy it just because its curious looking.
  • MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,823 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one. Bought it a few months ago for $100 (more than it is worth, but I collect odd guns...this is VERY odd!) Came with a very nice holster, too......

Neat little gun, definately don't see them every day.

Merc

Insignia?

Nos nullus habitum rancidum insignia!

"Tolerating things you may not necessarily like is part of being free" - Larry Flynt
  • jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
    edited November -1
    Mercury being you have ne, fill us in. Does it just have one chamber in the cylinder? How does it function, like a regular revolver?

"we are but men... no more, no less..."
  • Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,889 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Does it just have one chamber in the cylinder? How does it function, like a regular revolver?
    I've fired one. The barrel twists clockwise away from the frame. A picture in the auction shows how it loads.

avitar.jpg
    Semper Fi

Remember Ruby Ridge.

Experience is the best teacher and usually charges accordingly.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    The cylinder does not REVOLVE, it opens to expose the empty chamber and closes back up in the same spot..

flageagle.gif

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • bluegoose11bluegoose11 Member Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sure wouldn't want to play roulette with that one lol
  • jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
    edited November -1
    Henry0Reilly & Classic, some dummy did not scroll down to see the third picture.[:o)] He will remain nameless but to point a finger, ME![:D]

"we are but men... no more, no less..."
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Classic095
    The cylinder does not REVOLVE, it opens to expose the empty chamber and closes back up in the same spot..

So, it's not really a "revolver" then is it? [;)] Would it be a "swinger"? [:D]
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I remember that hunk of junk. I thought you were referring to an old S&W top break revolver with a flat single shot barrel used for target shooting.
  • MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,823 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is really more of a "finger pincher". It'll pinch the heck out of your palm/fingers if you aren't careful!

Merc

Insignia?

Nos nullus habitum rancidum insignia!

"Tolerating things you may not necessarily like is part of being free" - Larry Flynt
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had one & liked it. I think it would make a useful first pistol to train a young person on.
    I suppose you should also include the Ruger single shot pistol that had the swing out block where the cylinder usually goes.

$155 starting bid? I seem to recall I paid $12.50 for the one I had.
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was hoping this thread was about the old S&W 22 single shot with the auxillary 32 S&W cylinder and barrel.

That's what I want!!

Woods

Hamlin.gif